Day trips from Southampton

Ruth you are more organized than I am

we arrive in June so I am starting to piece things together (cut & paste method )

JB & Simon have been a great help on this forum

Enjoy

Lyn

Lyn,

I'd be willing to put our cut and paste ideas into one more useful document or I could send you mine.

We have until late August.

I agree that JB and Simon have been real gems.

ruth douglas41 at g mail dot com

Is this doable? S/hamp to Glasgow by train, staying overnight in Glasgow then leaving maybe next day. Is it too long to get there , and approx cost. If someone has answers it would be much appreciated......Joan.

Hi Joan,

Glasgow is well over 400 miles from Southampton, 6 to 7 hours by train, fare over £150 pp one-way.

Alternatively, http://www.flybe.com/ operate direct flights - flight time 90 minutes plus travel to/from airports etc, fare about the same (more with luggage, less without).

If this is post-cruise, you could check out flying back to Canada from Glasgow instead of London.

But unless there's a significant reason to visit Glasgow, best to stick around Southampton / London

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

Lyn,

I'd be willing to put our cut and paste ideas into one more useful document or I could send you mine.

Thanks for the offer

we might be visiting family there & have a couple of days where we know what we want to do ..just getting the logistics together soon

A day trip to Portsmouth via train

a visit to the Spitfire museum

day 3 ???

That is the plan so far

then bus to LHR

Lyn

Well I guess we will not try to do the Glasgow run!! Very expensive and too long. We will just hang out in Portsmouth with friends and relatives, maybe do a day trip here and there. We will have about 10 days after our cruise , leaving from Gatwick. Thanks so much once again.....Joan.