Best destination when traveling with toddler

TEGL

I'm not too picky on where we go, I just wanna have fun when we get to ports with our super busy and curious 2 year old. I was originally looking at the Western Carriben going to Belize, Hondurus and Cozumel but wanna look into some other options. What were your favorite destinations when vacationing with your tiny humans :)

Kids (IMO) prefer the ship to the land portion. The ships are huge playgrounds for them. My son loved exploring the ship- was excited by every aspect. The staff (especially on ships where there are few babies) go ga-ga over the little ones. So they are like rock stars.

If your child is in diapers- I recommend choosing one of the largest Royal Caribbean ships that has a little area by the pool where the kids can cool off if still in diapers. These ships are family friendly and noisy enough that the occasional outburst won't be an issue.

All the Caribbean islands are similar IMO. If you like beaches- I think the nicest beaches are in Grand Cayman- turquoise clear water and not much surf. My favorite island is Bermuda (bar none).

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

Until my kids are older, I tend to look for ports where I won't be heartbroken if we have to skip the day's activities in case of cranky or otherwise unwell little one, and things we can walk to or get to on toddler-friendly transportation. We aren't doing any of the more adventurous excursions since toddlers are too young and depending on the age, might not be ready for cultural excursions like museums or building tours. We've done FL/Bahamas, Canada, and Bermuda with my older DS when he was 14m, 2 and 3. I'd be fine with doing other Caribbean islands as long as I can arrange beach days that ideally can be walked to with a stroller or can use bus/ferry. There are activities in walking distance from the ship in St. Thomas, San Juan, Bermuda and Nassau, but I don't personally know about the other ports.

I'm saving Europe and Alaska for when all of the kids are old enough to carry their own stuff, take their own photos and remember the trip.

Bermuda has lots to offer a little one and yourself. The ferry ride to Hamilton is fun with music being played onboard. The zoo/aquarium in Bermuda was really fun. There are nice beaches all over the island. No one is selling crap when you get off the ship. The people have a good standard of living and it shows. The island is a jewel in the Caribbean. No huts or apparent poverty like in some of the islands. There is a dolphin encounter within walking distance of the ship where you can go and watch for a nominal fee (baby will probably be free).

Bermuda has lots to offer a little one and yourself. The ferry ride to Hamilton is fun with music being played onboard. The zoo/aquarium in Bermuda was really fun. There are nice beaches all over the island. No one is selling crap when you get off the ship. The people have a good standard of living and it shows. The island is a jewel in the Caribbean. No huts or apparent poverty like in some of the islands. There is a dolphin encounter within walking distance of the ship where you can go and watch for a nominal fee (baby will probably be free).

We did Bermuda for our first cruise with our son when he was 3. We waited till he could use pool and kids club, but we loved that we would be in port the entire time and did not need to rush back to ship - also, we went kind of off season in September, so it felt less crowded and prices were better.

Until my kids are older, I tend to look for ports where I won't be heartbroken if we have to skip the day's activities in case of cranky or otherwise unwell little one, and things we can walk to or get to on toddler-friendly transportation. We aren't doing any of the more adventurous excursions since toddlers are too young and depending on the age, might not be ready for cultural excursions like museums or building tours. We've done FL/Bahamas, Canada, and Bermuda with my older DS when he was 14m, 2 and 3. I'd be fine with doing other Caribbean islands as long as I can arrange beach days that ideally can be walked to with a stroller or can use bus/ferry. There are activities in walking distance from the ship in St. Thomas, San Juan, Bermuda and Nassau, but I don't personally know about the other ports.

I'm saving Europe and Alaska for when all of the kids are old enough to carry their own stuff, take their own photos and remember the trip.

That's exactly how I feel. Just trying to figure out where would be best for that.

Thank you guys for all your input

That's exactly how I feel. Just trying to figure out where would be best for that.

Thank you guys for all your input

Took my then 3 and 7 year olds to Norway. They had a blast in the ports (we found some cool playgrounds like this one in Stavanger) and had tons of fun in the kids club.

Image1463259786.295092.jpg.a5f6d06b4f5d80e1b68cd1e460989ae9.jpg

Edited by Syrreal

Took my then 3 and 7 year olds to Norway. They had a blast in the ports (we found some cool playgrounds like this one in Stavanger) and had tons of fun in the kids club.

[ATTACH]385296[/ATTACH]

Where is this park? We will be taking our 7yo to Norway next summer. I am sure he would enjoy something like this while we are there.

Where is this park? We will be taking our 7yo to Norway next summer. I am sure he would enjoy something like this while we are there.

It was in Stavanger, just a few blocks from the pier.

My son loves to travel and explore, so he's loved all of our cruises. Since it's such pain to travel with kids, so far we've only gone to places I really wanted to see. If your child is a rover/explorer, they might like some of the cruises we've done with our son. My signature line has reviews on the cruises we did with our son (those are the last three listed, plus you might want to read the Alaska one, which was done when I was pregnant with my first since it is such a great option for children) - the Panama Canal had a great mix of beaches (Aruba, Jamaica) and interesting historical cities (Cartagena) and the rainforests in Costa Rica. The Baltics were an amazing cruise, and my son really loved visiting all the museums and learned a lot.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not too picky on where we go, I just wanna have fun when we get to ports with our super busy and curious 2 year old. I was originally looking at the Western Carriben going to Belize, Hondurus and Cozumel but wanna look into some other options. What were your favorite destinations when vacationing with your tiny humans :)

My son was 2 when we first cruised and we did Western. Cozumel is going to take a cab, but it is a great port for beaches; we did a dolphin encounter at Chankanab and he loved it. Roatan (assuming a Carnival line) has a beach and shopping right off the pier. Same is true with Grand Turk and HMC (no shopping). It is my kids favorite port but we always go somewhere through a private company to see monkeys, hold sloths etc. Tabayna beach is also fantastic but it takes a car ride. In Belize we did Goff's Caye.