On the NCL Star 4/27 arriving in Vancouver...Do I have time for...

JetWestInc

Allright, the itin. says the Star will be in Vancouver (Canada Place) at 8:00am, debarkation starts 2 hrs after docking. Will we be early into Vancouver and get off ship at 8:00. or will debarkation start at 10:00am? Anyone have any experience with the Pacific Coastal Repositioning Cruises and have some inside info?

We are going to book AmTrak to Seattle at 6:00pm. Will we have time to rent a car at the Pan Pacific Hotel, visit the Aquarium and Stanley Park, return the car, and get to the AmTrak station? Should we book a hotel for the night and book AmTrak the next day? also, anyone ever rent a car at the Hotel on a cruise day? Lines horrible? Only 1 ship in port, so mabye not too bad?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Don

Allright, the itin. says the Star will be in Vancouver (Canada Place) at 8:00am, debarkation starts 2 hrs after docking. Will we be early into Vancouver and get off ship at 8:00. or will debarkation start at 10:00am? Anyone have any experience with the Pacific Coastal Repositioning Cruises and have some inside info?

We are going to book AmTrak to Seattle at 6:00pm. Will we have time to rent a car at the Pan Pacific Hotel, visit the Aquarium and Stanley Park, return the car, and get to the AmTrak station? Should we book a hotel for the night and book AmTrak the next day? also, anyone ever rent a car at the Hotel on a cruise day? Lines horrible? Only 1 ship in port, so mabye not too bad?

Thanks,

Don

The first group of passengers will likely be off the ship about an hour after it ties up. So if you are off fairly early on, have your bags and thru CDN customs you should have no problem with your plan. However you should know that Stanley park comprises 1000 acres and I have lived here all my life and still haven’t seen it all. There are so many other things to see here that you may want to consider the extra day if you can handle it.

Things that you may want to consider in no particular order are:

The Grouse Mountain Sky Ride

Capilano Suspension Bridge

Granville Island

Gastown

Yale Town

The Science Centre

Queen Elizabeth Park

And the list goes on……….

Thanks,

Don

Putterdude (my dh is going to LOVE your screenname when I tell him what it is, once the Master's are over and he returns to life as we know it) :rolleyes:

Putterdude is right, Vancouver and area has soo much to offer and see, personally I would stay that extra night too!!! You won't regret it :)

Archived