Serenade of the Seas

WE booked a balcony guaranty on Serenade of the Seas at a wonderful price...We were just assigned room 7170 and my friend got 7074..On the deck plans it says 7170 is an obstructed balcony room but when I research the room on other sites it does not look too obstructed at all. Anyhow we are excited about the cruise and was wondering if anybody out there has had this room or similar on any of the radiance class of ships. Thank you all.

WE booked a balcony guaranty on Serenade of the Seas at a wonderful price...We were just assigned room 7170 and my friend got 7074..On the deck plans it says 7170 is an obstructed balcony room but when I research the room on other sites it does not look too obstructed at all. Anyhow we are excited about the cruise and was wondering if anybody out there has had this room or similar on any of the radiance class of ships. Thank you all.

7170 is highly obstructed. If you have the chance to see any other equivalent cabins in the same category, I suggest changing.

Your cabin is where the red arrow is pointing.... You will have zero view backwards as half the cabin is surrounded by the structure of the ship.

DSC07506_zpsdld6v16e.jpg

DSC07503_zpspenn4c0b.jpg

I was upgraded to a similar cabin on Vision, the very last balcony on the port side. While not exactly the same, this will give you an idea of the sitelines and the coverage of the structure obstruction

DSC04270_zps06e036cd.jpg

DSC04272_zps735125f7.jpg

DSC04273_zpsc67bd22d.jpg

since it was a balcony guarantee not sure if they can do anything, but will certainly give it a try...thank you..

Actually the comical part is...two other couples who are emerald status and bought balcony guarantees got balconies on deck 8, another friend who booked with us and has only cruised on royal once got a balcony mid ship and we are diamond and are loyal to royal and got obstructed view...lol...two of us used the same ta too...I have written the ta in hopes they can do something for us...Keeping our fingers crossed...

Actually the comical part is...two other couples who are emerald status and bought balcony guarantees got balconies on deck 8, another friend who booked with us and has only cruised on royal once got a balcony mid ship and we are diamond and are loyal to royal and got obstructed view...lol...two of us used the same ta too...I have written the ta in hopes they can do something for us...Keeping our fingers crossed...

let me know how your cruise went. We w:hearteyes:ill be on this ship next year. Booked a 10 night can't wait.