Need Help/Dress Code

dudesdynamos

Hi PG Veterans.

We've sailed quite a bit and exclusively on Silversea but have just signed on to a Paul Gauguin cruise, the seven day Tahiti and Society Islands cruise.

We can't find any information about dress requirements on board. We don't like to dress formally and always liked SS for our ability to dress "smart casual" at most and even more informal frequently. What are the dress requirements, if any on PG?

Thanks

Country club casual. A few might wear a sports jacket to the captain's reception, but most won't. Many wear island themed button down shirts such as Tommy Bahama style or not so loud aloha shirts. At dinner no shorts.

I wear Dockers and a golf short or button down shirt and that fits in perfectly. Never see a tie or a tuxedo.

I brought two pairs of khaki pants to wear in the evenings. I had one pair of boat shoes for both day and evening and didn't wear socks all week. Camp shirts to go with them.

During the day it was flip flops, reef shoes, swimsuits, swim tops, shorts, and t-shirts or polos.

We can't find any information about dress requirements on board. We don't like to dress formally and always liked SS for our ability to dress "smart casual" at most and even more informal frequently. What are the dress requirements, if any on PG?

Thanks

You may find this on PG's web page:

http://pgcruises.com/faq#t2n43

I think I took a jacket (for the Captain's Reception) on a couple of our early trips on the PG, but for the last several, I have seldom worn long-sleeved shirts, let alone a sport jacket.

Some passengers have reported being cool in the dining rooms at dinner, but I have never been uncomfortable in short sleeves and Docker-style pants. Men typically wear nice (Tommy Bahama style...but hopefully not TB $$) tropical shirts.

Edited by MotuIslander