Is there a kid's menu? Fruit in evenings? Afternoon tea time?

A.Emgee

Sorry, newbie to PG and so lots of questions.

Is there such a thing as a kid's menu on PG? I did a search and found some menus from 2012 but could not find any reference to choices for children. Is it safe to assume that since PG does not cater much to children therefore such a menu does not exist?

Also, is there anywhere to get fruit in the evenings, other than through room service?

And finally, what time is afternoon tea served?

Thanks!

Edited by A.Emgee

PG is not a ship for kids. That said, there was one teenager on board, and one family with a younger daughter. The teenager was miserable. The young girl seemed fine, but she was a very docile and laid back child. I did feel badly for both. That said, they do have times where you can order lunch or "light snacks" and things like burgers and pizza were on the menu so there will be options for kids althugh not a child specific menu. Tea time was 4 pm to 5 pm on my most recent cruise, and they served scones, and sweets for the most part, not as much small sandwiches(though there were a few). The scones changed types every day(plain, macadamia, blueberry and chocolate were ones I remember). The sweets were real hits and misses...as you find on any kind of small buffet like that. As I mentioned on my other review, there is no where to go and "get food" on the ship. You must order it from room service. We had fresh fruit delivered every day to our room, though that may have been because we were in a suite. As others have said you can order whatever you want from room service and they are fast and accomodating.

Edited by Cruiseswithfamilyornot

Thanks for prompt replies, everybody!

Are you able to specify a time for room service to deliver? For example, "assorted cut-up melon at 4:00pm" or something like that?

Apologies for the ignorance, but I'm guessing there is no all-day pizzeria/grill, and no self-service area in the evenings?

Is there popcorn?

Thanks for prompt replies, everybody!

Are you able to specify a time for room service to deliver? For example, "assorted cut-up melon at 4:00pm" or something like that?

Apologies for the ignorance, but I'm guessing there is no all-day pizzeria/grill, and no self-service area in the evenings?

Is there popcorn?

Hello A.Emgee,

Greetings! We look forward to welcoming you aboard the m/s Paul Gauguin.

Fresh fruit is available during breakfast and lunch. We also offer it at Le Grill between 2:30-3:45 p.m. when we serve light snacks. Afternoon Tea is from 4:00-5:00 p.m. and offers fresh fruit. There is also a daily bowl of fresh fruit in all staterooms and suites.

Available 24 hours a day is our room service menu which includes fresh fruit, hamburgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, salads, soups, pasta, pizza, beef tenderloin, salmon fillet, appetizers, international cheese plate, frozen yogurt, and ice cream.

In the evenings, we offer three dining venues. Our main dining room is L’Etoile and serves a variety of elegant cuisine. During dinner, you can order off L’Etoile’s menu and have it served in your stateroom or suite if you prefer. In La Veranda, the cuisine of world-renowned Chef Propriétaire of the Michelin-rated Apicius in Paris, if offered. Polynesian specialties are served at Le Grill. Reservations for dinner in La Veranda and Le Grill can be made during breakfast and lunch with the maître d’. Reservations are not required for L’Etoile.

Sorry, newbie to PG and so lots of questions.

Is there such a thing as a kid's menu on PG? I did a search and found some menus from 2012 but could not find any reference to choices for children. Is it safe to assume that since PG does not cater much to children therefore such a menu does not exist?

Also, is there anywhere to get fruit in the evenings, other than through room service?

And finally, what time is afternoon tea served?

Thanks!

When is your cruise??

Thanks PGC for answering with all the details! The list of food is making me hungry already! :p

When is your cruise??

Early January.

Is it suitable to bring a well-behaved Kindergartener to La Veranda, or is that frowned upon?

Is Polynesian night on the 7-night cruise still on Day 6 (first day in Moorea) and are the menus in all the dining venues the same that night?

Edited by A.Emgee

Thanks PGC for answering with all the details! The list of food is making me hungry already! :p

Early January.

Is it suitable to bring a well-behaved Kindergartener to La Veranda, or is that frowned upon?

Is Polynesian night on the 7-night cruise still on Day 6 (first day in Moorea) and are the menus in all the dining venues the same that night?

Ia Orana A.Emgee,

We are happy to welcome your family in La Veranda and any of our dining venues. On the 7-night Tahiti & the Society Islands cruise, Polynesian Night is the first evening in Moorea. The Polynesian Night menu is available in all dining venues that evening.