Plantation or Lighthouse

beshears

I don't know if this has been ask before, but I thought I would. :)

Is there a plantation on St. Croix that can be seen or check out?

Would there be a lighthouse to see?

The reason I ask, these are two things that if I have a chance, I like to see or check out.:)

I don't know if this has been ask before, but I thought I would. :)

Is there a plantation on St. Croix that can be seen or check out?

Would there be a lighthouse to see?

The reason I ask, these are two things that if I have a chance, I like to see or check out.:)

The Whim plantation is open to the public. A couple miles east of town on centerline road.

Hams Bluff lighthouse is at the far northwest corner of the island and is accessible via a hike.

Here's the info on that:

http://www.gotostcroix.com/st-croix-blog/hike-hams-bluff-lighthouse/

Drake, thanks for giving me information in regard to the lighthouse in St. Croix. I would love to see/climb it, but my friend, I know she wouldn't be able to do the walk. Do you know if we could get us a Taxi to take us to that area, wait until I climb the lighthouse, and then bring us back? it sounds just what I would love to check out, even at the age of 72.:)

I will try to Google the Whim Plantation and see what I can find out about it also. Maybe we could get a Taxi to take us there too.

Drake, thanks for giving me information in regard to the lighthouse in St. Croix. I would love to see/climb it, but my friend, I know she wouldn't be able to do the walk. Do you know if we could get us a Taxi to take us to that area, wait until I climb the lighthouse, and then bring us back? it sounds just what I would love to check out, even at the age of 72.:)

I will try to Google the Whim Plantation and see what I can find out about it also. Maybe we could get a Taxi to take us there too.

I don't know about the taxi waiting, they're going to charge you pretty hard for sitting around on a ship day. That's a pretty steep hike, please know your limits.

OK, I understand where your coming from in regard to the Taxi waiting for me to climb the lighthouse. It is possible that I might not be able to do it, but a few years ago I did "lighthouse" steps which are very narrow, curing, going up and down in less than 10 minutes. I think there were about 600 steps that I did.

OK, I understand where your coming from in regard to the Taxi waiting for me to climb the lighthouse. It is possible that I might not be able to do it, but a few years ago I did "lighthouse" steps which are very narrow, curing, going up and down in less than 10 minutes. I think there were about 600 steps that I did.

Maybe your friend could wait for you in town and come out that way in a taxi to pick you up after a while. You know yourself better than anyone, take lots of water and enjoy the hike.