RSVP Vacations or Atlantis Events?

CCaligator

Which agency offers the best vacation?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which agency offers the best vacation?

• ESVP Vacations?
    • Atlantis Events?

I have been on more RSVP than Atlantis, but I don't know which I would call "better". They both do a great job. I like RSVP better because it is a bit more of a mature crowd, like me. But it is only "different", not "better".

....if you are considering a caribbean cruise....

Atlantis if you are a really late night person.....get back to the cabin late night or early morning. I just think Atlantis is a little more intense.

RSVP has parties just as much but not so intense...more managable.

If you are considering a cruise outside of the Caribbean or Mexico..it does not make a difference because the sightseeing off the ship becomes more important than the sight seeing on the ship...and you will pace yourself more.

have a great time regardless.

They both are great and it just depends what you like about a cruise.

Atlantis is more lay back, not as formal, and you have the party atmosphere while RSVP is a little more reserved but just as much fun. RSVP does seem to be a little more formal with usually a couple of formal nights where Atalntis does not have any of that.

Really boils down to what you prefer for your vacation.

They both are great and it just depends what you like about a cruise.

Atlantis is more lay back, not as formal, and you have the party atmosphere while RSVP is a little more reserved but just as much fun. RSVP does seem to be a little more formal with usually a couple of formal nights where Atalntis does not have any of that.

Really boils down to what you prefer for your vacation.

There's one formal night on a 7 day RSVP cruise, the rest are casual.

• 1 month later...
I've been on one Atlantis cruise and will be going on the RVP Feb 2009 Caribbean cruise. On Atlantis, people decorate their cabins with picture of past cruises and other stuff. Do people on RSVP do the same?

What other differences are there between the two?

Some RSVP cruisers decorate their doors and sometimes it involves pictures of previous cruises but more often it runs a gamut of themes. From tasteful to sometimes less tasteful.... :)

I have not been on Atlantis cruise (but have dun a resort week) so cannot compare them.

RSVP has themed parties, entertainers (cabaret, comedy etc), pool events as well as the funniest show in town, I mean on a ship: Church Bingo!

Since RSVP only has one formal night can one opt out and just go to the buffet or is it pretty much expected that every one will dress up? It seems like too much effort to pack a tux or suit for one night and then there's the extra expense for baggage since quite few airlines are charging for extra bags or even one bag checked. RSVP is being seriously considered for 2009 which is why this question...Thanks!

I have only tried Atlantis and it was one of the best vacations ever. I'm 38 and don't have the body of Adonis, but still had a great time. (I was worried about that initially) I met a lot of guys on the ship that also sail RSVP; they all spoke very highly of their experiences. If I could only find that handsome guy with the winning Powerball ticket, I'd cruise them both every year.

Since RSVP only has one formal night can one opt out and just go to the buffet or is it pretty much expected that every one will dress up? It seems like too much effort to pack a tux or suit for one night and then there's the extra expense for baggage since quite few airlines are charging for extra bags or even one bag checked. RSVP is being seriously considered for 2009 which is why this question...Thanks!

The Lido buffet or room service is always an option. Not everyone dresses too the nines on formal night, though it tends to be dressier than the other nights.

Our cruise's formal night coincides with the Academy Awards, it makes it even more of an event to dress up for. :) I like the chance to dress up and paying $20 extra for a bag won;t break the bank after spending a couple of thousand dollars to go on the cruise.

• 6 years later...

Danny Williams, the great MC and host of RSVP for 25 years and beloved by thousands of RSVP passengers recently passed away. Although the brilliant, loveable Danny virtually built RSVP's reputation as embracing the gay community with his warmth and wit and omnipresence on 100's of RSVP cruises and land programs from RSVP's inception, the company showed unspeakable ill grace (unfortunately consistent with the new regime's modis operandi) in not acknowledging either his death or his contribution to RSVP. His husband of nearly twenty years, Brian Moser, received neither a single note of condolence or acknowledgement of his husband's and for that matter RSVP's and the community's great loss. Shame.

• 1 year later...

The last several RSVP cruises I was on the formal night was pretty much optional and not a requirement, I would say less than 50% were dressed formally and the dress code for the main dinning room was the same as every other night.

Your question is like, "Are you old or new money?" RSVP is the original. Atlantis is the relative upstart. Much like how did Kmart buy Sears, Atlantis now owns RSVP. RSVP is like a Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham. The ride of your life for everyone, all the bells and whistles, Classy (considering) but a tad (and mean just a tad) older crowd. Atlantis, is like a Chevrolet Corvette. Cute to the eye, a little more nimble, geared toward the young and pretty who really can't afford it, and only the driver enjoys the experience. Frankly, I would be thankful to be riding in or driving either one, but there is something to be said about "old money" RSVP.

Edited by sackedbysunoco

The last several RSVP cruises I was on the formal night was pretty much optional and not a requirement, I would say less than 50% were dressed formally and the dress code for the main dinning room was the same as every other night.

Here is what was in the 2016 cruise guide:

Onboard Clothing Packing Advice

RSVP emphasizes a comfortable atmosphere where sportswear and casual resort attire are appropriate for nearly every occasion. There are no Formal Nights onboard, so you can leave your suit/tuxedo behind.

And the dress codes for dinner are:

We also ask that you do not wear tank tops in any of the restaurants during evening dining. Also, shorts are not permitted in the specialty restaurants for dinner.

Edited by Boytjie