Baths vs JVD/islands snorkle with mom?

Dev D

Hi,

Looking for some advice for our cruise stop in October (we love snorkeling)

I think we would enjoy the Baths, but I'm not sure my mom is able to climb over wet boulders safely- I've read the Baths can be tough to navigate?

Last time I was there I loved my snorkel trip near the caves and have never been to JVD wondering if that would be better?

Thanks!

Hi,

I think we would enjoy the Baths, but I'm not sure my mom is able to climb over wet boulders safely- I've read the Baths can be tough to navigate?

Last time I was there I loved my snorkel trip near the caves and have never been to JVD wondering if that would be better?

Thanks!

How old is your mom? Does she have mobility issues? The Baths are really not to be missed, but they are not that difficult and the rocks are not difficult to climb over. Why not find some pics online and ask her what she thinks. If she is under 75 she should have no problem at all.

I'm a mom taking my college kids in January and already booked the baths thru ncl because of the short port stop time

I'm a bit concerned but since I went zipping in st Lucia with them last January I know I will survive the baths

My real quandary is what the heck do we do with our stuff? Towels waterproof camera and cheapo snorkel stuff brought from home

It sounds as though these boulders are one way and there is no getting back if you leave your stuff on the entry side beach

Our important docs like sign n sail and Id are in a waterproof neck sling so no issue

I guess we will just shovel the towels and cover ups in a string backpack as we go through the boulders?

I wish they had the sail and swim in to the baths excursion for our cruise but it's only a 7 to 1pm call 😼. Just leave the stuff on the boat then.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Crusin6

I'm a mom taking my college kids in January and already booked the baths thru ncl because of the short port stop time

I'm a bit concerned but since I went zipping in st Lucia with them last January I know I will survive the baths

My real quandary is what the heck do we do with our stuff? Towels waterproof camera and cheapo snorkel stuff brought from home

It sounds as though these boulders are one way and there is no getting back if you leave your stuff on the entry side beach

Our important docs like sign n sail and Id are in a waterproof neck sling so no issue

I guess we will just shovel the towels and cover ups in a string backpack as we go through the boulders?

I wish they had the sail and swim in to the baths excursion for our cruise but it's only a 7 to 1pm call 😼. Just leave the stuff on the boat then.

The path is not one way. Lots of people go "roundtrip". Others go one way or the other, but there is no limitation on how you wander the boulders.

Thanks for the feedback

Showing pictures sounds like a good idea

She does have some mobility issues where she may be unsteady from a balance standpoint

On a boat I can usually climb the ladder behind her and help support her

I'm worried about the rocks being slippery and getting stuck in wet sand?

Thanks for the input!

Yes with limited time just take towels, sunblock, and water and a string backpack. You would normally walk down 1 path where you can rent a locker, walk through the boulders, and back up another path. So the lockers don't really work for you. But the Baths are worth a visit!

Hi,

Thanks!

The Baths are a unique sight and highly recommended. However if snorkeling is your primary goal I'd recommend Brewers Bay on Tortola. You can snorkel near the Baths but wandering through the boulders is the main attraction for a short daytrip.

Enjoy whatever you choose!:)