Thomson Majesty 23rd May 2014 review

To keep you happy Linda....:D:D

Thomson Majesty Aegean Delights 23rd – 30th May 14.

A small review really as most of the Majesty’s features have been posted by various posters (including me) over the last month or so. JTS’s review has put my past efforts to shame.

It’s only 4 weeks since we were last on the Majesty, and very little has changed, the staff are still their usual fantastic selves, so obliging and friendly, Musik Unlimited are even better than the last time as Mae’s sore throat has cleared up, and the showteam as good as ever, maybe slightly more polished.

We arrived on the late Manchester flight and after the usual Corfu baggage wait we were being checked in around 10pm. As we were checking in we saw Danielle the Future cruise advisor who we have seen many times on differing ships over the years, she recognised us and asked our cabin number. We thought nothing of it until the day after when we had a bottle of sparkling wine chilling in the cabin for us. It’s nice to know that Thomson the organisation don’t really recognise repeat guests but their staff onboard do. Danielle had been promoted to the Head of Reception the week after we had last left, and just got her whites as we were leaving this time, she looks really smart in them.

We had cabin 3034, a standard inside, yes it was a bit snug, but we managed OK for a week, as I have said before, if doing 2 weeks you really need a plus.

The chairs in San Marco were changed half way through the cruise, and they are much comfier. I was told that they were replacing the candle heating trays with the electric cabinets that are all wrapped up in cling film and stored on deck just outside the port entrance, this didn’t happen so must be planned for later on, maybe on a really quiet week.

Ports:

The only port we haven’t done before is Monemvasia. It’s lovely!

Once getting off the tender you can either get the small coach for €1 each way that takes you along the causeway to the Town entrance or as we did, walk the Kilometre or so. The atmosphere of the place is great; a sleepy Greek village feel with well restored medieval buildings. We walked up to the entrance of the top part of the Town but as posted all around the lower Town it was closed for restoration, the path up is very slippy, so make sure you go with well gripped shoes, but we enjoyed it just for the view. Back in the new Town we had a Carafe and some starters at one of the Taverna’s along the front, very nice.

In Pireaus, we were docked at the same time as 3 huge shopping malls, we were glad we didn’t make the trip into Athens as others said it was heaving. Instead we did the Corinth Canal trip as suggested by others on here, we really enjoyed it. It takes just over an hour in the coach then you have a stop to view the Canal from one of the bridges, after that you go on the boat to sail the full length of the Canal and back again, quite expensive but a good experience.

The rest of the places we just had a wander around town and then relaxed back on board in the afternoon, no problems finding a sunbed.

Summing up, we had a great week, and we really went back because of the staff and entertainment rather than for the Itinerary, ATM she’s our favourite ship of the fleet, but having just booked the Dream for in 9 weeks time that opinion could change.

As usual, here's the Ducks showing off the places they have not been to before:

https://joeholiday2.shutterfly.com/pictures/1930

Wow thanks for your review Joe.

It's only a few weeks since we were on board so it brought back memories.

It's good to hear that the chairs have been replaced in San Marco - just wondering what the replacements are like! I don't suppose it affected the ducks- no doubt they just sat on the table stealing food from your plate ha ha.

Flopsy

Wow thanks for your review Joe.

It's only a few weeks since we were on board so it brought back memories.

It's good to hear that the chairs have been replaced in San Marco - just wondering what the replacements are like! I don't suppose it affected the ducks- no doubt they just sat on the table stealing food from your plate ha ha.

Flopsy

Shh, don't tell those two that the best meal we have had on the Majesty is the Duck and noodles in the MDR, they will fall out with us.

You will love it Sheila, don't forget to look up Rose and Grace, waitresses normally in Jubilee or Polo, they are absolute stars, always dancing and signing.

Linda, Monemvasia is a typical sleepy Greek place, you will love it.

Edited by joeholiday2

Nice to see all these good reviews - only 43 days until I can try it for myself, not that I'm counting....:D Think I'll be looking out for the duck & noodles too!

I've been on the Dream twice and really enjoyed that one, so I'm hoping the Majesty is just as good - sounds positive.

Nice to see all these good reviews - only 43 days until I can try it for myself, not that I'm counting....:D Think I'll be looking out for the duck & noodles too!

I've been on the Dream twice and really enjoyed that one, so I'm hoping the Majesty is just as good - sounds positive.

Can also highly recommend the Duck and Noodles! In fact enjoyed all the vaguely 'Asian' dishes we had.

We really enjoyed our two trips on the Dream too Gary (going on her again in November) but were amazed to find that we like Majesty more. Have a great cruise.