Who's going to Argentina this Winter with us?

BBMacLaird

It's me again! Journey's 7 February sailing features an overnight in Buenos Aires too...

The good news is that, other than to wish that there were more of them [rest easy; I'm not going to ask that you inquire!], I have no questions about the Land Discoveries being offered in Buenos Aires, Montevideo, or Punta del Este even though I've done most of them--including the one day excursion to Iguazzu Falls--while doing a Santiago to Buenos Aires [with overnight] sailing on Celebrity Infinity in early 2012... While Rio is new/being there at Carnival is exciting, I wouldn't have booked my upcoming cruise on Journey if I hadn't so thoroughly enjoyed the other ports--and particularly Buenos Aires--enough to return... It's a great itinerary and I share your impressions as expressed in today's blog--right down to the neighborhoods--exactly; Buenos Aires is a very cosmopolitan city that provides experiences reminiscent of those found at several European destinations during a single port call...

Don't know if it's true for all sailings having on-ship overnights in Buenos Aires but our AzAmazing Evening will evidently be held at Tango Porteño... Post-cruise on Celebrity, a group of ten cruisemates attended for a very enjoyable/memorable performance staged at their impressive venue... Can't wait to return!

Thanks for posting...

I particularly liked the fat cats of the cemetery near Eva's grave. I took way too many pictures of the kitties. Also as we sailed away from BA on a large ship (Star Princess) we watched for an hour as the sun went down in a red sunset and the lights of city rose up in the distance. Wonderful and not to be missed -- with a nice glass of wine -- a wonderful memory maker.

Edited by Bowie MeMe

Hi Xport, your 30-day B2B sounds like heaven! Wish I could get away for that long. I love South America!

Maybe for the Carnival portion (2/7-2/19) if there is space available.

bb

It's a terrific itinerary and it's going to be a wonderful trip! It would be my pleasure to meet you!

--Mike