Walking to Southern Point

Cruisetrekker

it's a mile, so however long it takes you to walk a mile (a leisure mile takes me 20 mins)

Just a more detailed info: It's just over a mile from one end of Duval to the other. The walk from the pier (or at) near Mallory Square will add another couple minutes to get to Duval. Can't speak to the Old Mole Pier because I've never been and don't know where passengers get dropped off.

Edited by CT Sean

it's a mile, so however long it takes you to walk a mile (a leisure mile takes me 20 mins)

Just a more detailed info: It's just over a mile from one end of Duval to the other. The walk from the pier (or at) near Mallory Square will add another couple minutes to get to Duval. Can't speak to the Old Mole Pier because I've never been and don't know where passengers get dropped off.

Agree with Sean & have to add that we always enjoy looking at the houses/bars each way we walk. The Southernmost Point can be busy if you want a photo op of the landmark there at least the few times we walked down to see it but of course it can be busy/slow during different times of the day.

You can do this by walking down Duval but Whitehead has more to see. You pass Kelly's Bar and the Audubon House immediately to your left, then you come to the Green Parrot and the Mile 0 sign. Then Hemingway's House. Just past that on the other side of the road is a small shopping area then there is the Lighthouse and keepers quarters. Then the Southernmost Point.

There are usually blooming Royal Poinciana trees along this route.

Pjk

Thank you for the help .. we have walked down Whitehead previously and seen Hem house and climbed the lighthouse . Need to visit the hard rock cafe and Kermit's for pie...so we might go down duval and back up whitehead..

Edited by Cruisetrekker

The trolleys and Conch Trains that pick up passengers at Outer Mole Pier used to stop near the Shipwreck Historeum. That really will not add any significant length to your route to the Southernmost Point.

I haven't been in Key West since May of this year, so if things have changed since then I don't know.

I hope you like Key West as much as we do.

• 1 month later...

We have been to Key West many many many times and the BEST time we ever had in Key West was when we rented bicycles (super cheap and nice easy riding to anywhere you want to go) bike racks are literally EVERYWHERE and we had the BEST day exploring all the side streets of Key West!!