Hotel 1898 in Las Ramblas???

CavyCat4

We are also staying at Hotel Jazz for our pre cruise for 3 nights. Our friends have stayed their and provided us with photos and information about the hotel and it's location that was very positive. Most posters on this site have for the most part rated Hotel a Jazz highly too.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes we have and loved it...Wonderful upscale hotel and when you walk out the front door you are in the middle of the Las Ramblas...the location was just amazing...be sure to also walk just down the street and enjoy the La Boqueria Market...You will be so pleased with this hotel as we and many on these have been.

Yes we have and loved it...Wonderful upscale hotel and when you walk out the front door you are in the middle of the Las Ramblas...the location was just amazing...be sure to also walk just down the street and enjoy the La Boqueria Market...You will be so pleased with this hotel as we and many on these have been.

The 1898 is not the pink hotel is it?

I don't remember it being pink. We stayed at Hotel 1898 and really loved it! Great location, right on Las Ramblas, a short cab ride to the port and essentially close to everything. As mentioned earlier the fabulous market is very close by. (closed on Sunday). Lots of restaurants nearby. It was quiet and that is important since Las Ramblas can be rowdy. Lots of others on this board also like Hotel 1898. Would stay there again!

We are also staying at Hotel Jazz for our pre cruise for 3 nights. Our friends have stayed their and provided us with photos and information about the hotel and it's location that was very positive. Most posters on this site have for the most part rated Hotel a Jazz highly too.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think you will be very pleased. Loved the Jazz. Plan to book again next time we are in Barca.

The 1898 is not the pink hotel is it?

No...it's not "pink"...more the color of light tobacco exterior (it used to be the headquarters of the Philippine Tobacco Company) with a very dark rich wood, low light interior...Truely classy 5* hotel.

No...it's not "pink"...more the color of light tobacco exterior (it used to be the headquarters of the Philippine Tobacco Company) with a very dark rich wood, low light interior...Truely classy 5* hotel.

Thanks.

I found out I was thinking of the Hotel Continental. All the rooms are pink: walls, beds, furniture, curtains, etc.

Thanks for all the great feedback. :)

Looks like I can't go wrong with either Hotel 1898 or Hotel Jazz.

We're going in two days pre-cruise and my travelling partner is going on a 12 hour tour all day Saturday (which I'm not...too long for me), so I want a hotel that is right in the middle of everything where I can easily walk around and explore, or grab the hop on/hop off bus. :)

Thanks for all the great feedback. :)

Looks like I can't go wrong with either Hotel 1898 or Hotel Jazz.

We're going in two days pre-cruise and my travelling partner is going on a 12 hour tour all day Saturday (which I'm not...too long for me), so I want a hotel that is right in the middle of everything where I can easily walk around and explore, or grab the hop on/hop off bus. :)

Then the location of Hotel 1898 right in the middle of the Las Ramblas would be a very good choice. We used the Barcelona City Tour (red bus) HOHO even though you can board at any of their many stops, the main (central) stop is just up the street at Placa Catalonia....We had researched the two HOHO and was so glad we opted for the red bus and not the blue one (from what we saw) usually always a long wait to get on at each stop since this is city owned and heavily advertised...The Barcelona City Tour bus is privately owned...what a great tour they offered...Also not sure if it may apply to you but the red bus does offer a senior discount.

www.barcelonacitytour.cat

You can purchase tickets online but it's not necessary at all..easy to purchase on the bus or at their ticket booth in Placa Catalonia..they accept credit cards also.

Enjoy !!

Has anyone ever stayed at Hotel 1898 in Barcelona?

We are looking for a hotel pre-cruise and want to be close to the centre where we can walk around.

Or any other hotels that you would recommend?

Four of us stayed at the Hotel 1898 in June and loved it. Great location and close to the Plaza Catalunya for the hop on/off buses. We all agreed if we are ever lucky enough to go back to Barcelona we would definitely book 1898 again!

No this is not the pink hotel Continental which is very popular with cruisers but not "classy" or "upscale". We always stay at the Citadines apartment hotel in front of Hotel 1898. The 1898 is a beautiful hotel and the location can't be beaten! There is a large Carrefour supermarket nearby.

No this is not the pink hotel Continental which is very popular with cruisers but not "classy" or "upscale". We always stay at the Citadines apartment hotel in front of Hotel 1898. The 1898 is a beautiful hotel and the location can't be beaten! There is a large Carrefour supermarket nearby.

deleted

Edited by Ashland