Walhalla vs Weltenburg/Kelheim(AMA)

briody

On AMA Legendary Danube in June - choice for an afternoon is the bike tour to Walhalla temple or the Weltenburg Danube Gorge - which seems to be a visit to an Abbey, Brewery and Hall of Liberation. Of course I want to do both but can't. I could do the bike tour if no hills and do like beer. What is the opinion? I looked at pictures and both look incredible.

HELP - thanks - Briody:eek:

Have been to both the last years (on my own, not on a cruise, so I don't know exactly what AMA offers). And I would prefer Weltenburg. For the following reasons:

+ Beer

+ Old Abbey

+ Wonderful natural sight

+ With the Hall of Liberation you have another early 19th century monument included.

+ and last but not least: Beer.

I would go for Weltenburg too, definitely!!!

The Walhalla temple is nice to look at from the outside, and the view is good, but the inside may not be that interesting for non-Germans (probably not even so for non-Bavarians), since the display inside consists of busts of famous Bavarians.

Bike ride? Seriously? How young and fit are you?

I would go for Weltenburg too, definitely!!!

The Walhalla temple is nice to look at from the outside, and the view is good, but the inside may not be that interesting for non-Germans (probably not even so for non-Bavarians), since the display inside consists of busts of famous Bavarians.

Bike ride? Seriously? How young and fit are you?

Very fit--do 45 min on the elliptical every day.

• 4 weeks later...
On AMA Legendary Danube in June - choice for an afternoon is the bike tour to Walhalla temple or the Weltenburg Danube Gorge - which seems to be a visit to an Abbey, Brewery and Hall of Liberation. Of course I want to do both but can't. I could do the bike tour if no hills and do like beer. What is the opinion? I looked at pictures and both look incredible.

HELP - thanks - Briody:eek:

The bike ride was the easy part.........The steps up to wahalla was hard. Like 100 steps up just to get to the structure and then 360 steps up to the top. I would choose the other,lol........there was no beer there!! Only gorgeous countryside. Oh, and there were no hills. Just back from that trip on May 30th. It was hot, didnt cool off until we got to Prague.

Archived