Help with hotels at Denali please

FlCatLover

I have just about got all our plans for our DIY two weeks on land after our cruise from Vancouver next July. Hotels don't seem to be available yet at Denali but I've been checking them out. Does anyone know of any hotels near the park entrance that have room for two couples in at least semi-separate sleeping areas? We would take a bedroom with a pullout couch in a separate sitting area. I want to try to avoid the expense of two separate rooms.

If we have to go with separate rooms are there any hotels that are less expensive than the others?

Thank you in advance for any information or suggestions you can provide.

I have just about got all our plans for our DIY two weeks on land after our cruise from Vancouver next July. Hotels don't seem to be available yet at Denali but I've been checking them out. Does anyone know of any hotels near the park entrance that have room for two couples in at least semi-separate sleeping areas? We would take a bedroom with a pullout couch in a separate sitting area. I want to try to avoid the expense of two separate rooms.

If we have to go with separate rooms are there any hotels that are less expensive than the others?

Thank you in advance for any information or suggestions you can provide.

I'm assuming you'll have a rental car? I would look at lodging in Healy, 10 miles to the north. You can see a list here: http://www.a1cms.com/_dcc/accommodations/

Thank you, this was very helpful and I think we will likely stay in Healy. Yes we will have a car. Do you know if there is parking at the Denali Visitor's Center? If we stay in Healy we will need to drive there to take the park shuttle.

We stayed in Healy at the Hotel Nord Haven. Plain and simple but large rooms a whole lot cheaper than staying in Glitter Gulch. Next to the hotel is Rosie's Diner which serves the local community. Large portions of good food. We even got our lunch pack for our day on the Denali bus from them.

Thank you, this was very helpful and I think we will likely stay in Healy. Yes we will have a car. Do you know if there is parking at the Denali Visitor's Center? If we stay in Healy we will need to drive there to take the park shuttle.

You'll catch the shuttles at the Wilderness Access Center and yes, there is plenty of parking there. http://www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/shuttles.htm

We stayed at the Denali Touch of Wilderness B&B up in Healy. I recommend it. Saw hello to the moose who wanders through. They'll have breakfast for you as early as you want it, and will pack lunches for you, too. You can rent a soft-sided cooler at the Wilderness Center.

Edited by azevedan

Thank you all. I've reserved rooms at the Denali Park Hotel in Healey. Now I'm stalking rooms in Talkeetna.

I am a basic lodging traveler. I've stayed and highly recommend the Denali park Hotel. In Talkeetna- along the same lines- I've stayed at Latitude 62 (also their restaurant is usually a stop for me), Swiss Alaska Inn, and I've always really liked and probably my preference the Roadhouse. :) the Roadhouse- IS a spotless shared bathroom. The longest I've stayed there is 2 nights with 1 night being my usual- ONLY the upstairs rooms. Their cafe is ALWAYS a stop. :)

Glad to hear you recommend the Denali Park Hotel, I think we'll like it. I have decided on Main Street Suites in Talkeetna. They have a two bedroom suite that seemed reasonable for the area and will let us all stay together on our last night as a foursome. Son's DGF will be leaving the next day from ANC and DH, DS & I will go on to Seward for a few days. Already have a place there. So now all there is to do is wait . . . this is the hard part . . .