Internet on Navigator

emckeeve

They are all set up to use AOL. They aren't high speed, but, you can get mail. You sign in using your ship sign in (they tell you how) password and name and then you can access the AOL icon and use your AOL screenname and password! Voila! Just like home (except slower!)

Actually, it is supposed to be WIFI in the cabins. However, when i was on in July, the only ones working were the forward cabins, but not all the way forward, they should work out all the kinks in drydock.

When we called the IS lady to get our login she was surprised we had signal in our room. They don't promise WIFI in the cabins, but it does work in some of them.

Internet access is $.35 per minute or you can buy packages to bring the price down to .20 to .25 per minute. Like 250 minutes for $50. Plus there may be an activation charge of a few dollars to get started.

For Silver SS Society members and up, internet access is free. We used WIFI in our cabin (inconsistent and really slow most of the time) as well as in the lounge. This is a great benefit for us, we figure we saved at least $150.

I brought my laptop with me during my cruise in June. I was able to use it in all lounges near the library/internet cafe on level 6. I think there were 8 computors, and most were busy with people on them so I was glad to have my laptop. I stayed in touch with home each evening around 5 pm which translated to 10 am at my home state of Texas. Also, I usually went back to the lounge after dinner to touch base then with the office again. To my surprise and delight, I was also able to use my treo 650 phone (cingular is my provider) I got text messages @ $.20 per message and could even get phone calls at sea. The message read:cingular at sea. Phone calls and textmessages came in while I was in my room, at dinner, etc. It was amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived