Princess EZ Check

marco

We just returned from a Princess Caribbean cruise. We stayed in Fla a few days and did not use this service, but I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread! If you are flying home directly after the cruise from FLL or MIA, you can do "EZ Cheick" you get luggage tags and boarding passes in your cabin. Affix the luggage tag, put your luggage in the hall and you don't see it or touch it until it's on the carousel at your destination airport. Get off the ship, go directly to your gate with boarding pass and carry-ons. We were a group of friends on this cruise and one couple has some mobility issues, they used this service and could not have been happier! Don't know if they offer this from all debarkation ports or if other lines offer this. This was the first time I've seen it on any line.

We just returned from a Princess Caribbean cruise. We stayed in Fla a few days and did not use this service, but I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread! If you are flying home directly after the cruise from FLL or MIA, you can do "EZ Cheick" you get luggage tags and boarding passes in your cabin. Affix the luggage tag, put your luggage in the hall and you don't see it or touch it until it's on the carousel at your destination airport. Get off the ship, go directly to your gate with boarding pass and carry-ons. We were a group of friends on this cruise and one couple has some mobility issues, they used this service and could not have been happier! Don't know if they offer this from all debarkation ports or if other lines offer this. This was the first time I've seen it on any line.

Not all airlines participate in EzCheck. Also international flights aren't included even if connecting thru an American gateway.

I think some International flights may be included. Again, we did not use EZ check, but there were a good number of Brits on our cruise and one of the options listed was British Airways out of MIA. I can't imagine British Airways flying anywhere domestic out of MIA.

I totally agree w/you. I loved it when I used it the one time I've been on a qualifying cruise. It's a great idea and a total bargain at $20, considering they're doing all the work for me of schlepping my bag to the airport plus printing out my boarding pass. I admit I was dubious I'd ever see my suitcase again, but there it was, tumbling out of the chute at my home airport, against all odds! I'd say even better than sliced bread!

The service has been available on RCI, Celebrity, Azamara, HAL and Carnival for years. One caveat, other than those already mentioned, is a reliance on demand. If there are not enough passengers signing up the offer may be rescinded.

The other issue is a change in Homeland Security policy. Any security issue and the programs can, and probably would be suspended.

Flights must be after a specified time, generally after noon depending on the airport.

The service is not available in all north American ports. Vancouver had it for a couple of years and now it's not available there. It's great when it's available though.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if Southwest Airlines participates in EZ check out of FLL? This sounds like a really great idea. Our flight is at 11:40. I read they will accept bags for any flight after 11:30. Anyone know if this is correct?

Is the $20 charge per person or bag or cabin? You pay the $20 to Princess?

Thanks.