Walking from Cruise Terminal to Dockyard

Morris4me

We are travelling with my 88 year old father, who gets around fairly well but for short distances. We will be arriving by cruise ship. What type of transportation is available from the pier to and throughout the dockyard, if any? Do they have a trolley or rickshaws that we could use to get around the dockyard?

Edited by Morris4me

thanks for the information. Could you also answer the following: How large is the dockyard? How close to the ship does the trolley board? Will it leave you off close to a taxi area?

thanks for the information. Could you also answer the following: How large is the dockyard? How close to the ship does the trolley board? Will it leave you off close to a taxi area?

Last I checked, the trolley stopped right at the ship if you're docked at Kings Wharf, but if you're docked at Heritage Wharf you have to walk to the area that's about mid way between Kings Wharf and Heritage Wharf. (In general NCL docks at Heritage Wharf, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity at Kings Wharf, and other cruise lines could be at either depending on which ships are in port.) While I can't say for sure if the trolley stops at the taxi stand, it probably does.

Here's a map of the Dockyard to give you an idea of the layout. Everything's walkable from either pier if you don't have mobility issues:

http://www.thewestend.bm/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Brochure-Map-and-Info-20142.pdf

Edited by njhorseman

We are travelling with my 88 year old father, who gets around fairly well but for short distances. We will be arriving by cruise ship. What type of transportation is available from the pier to and throughout the dockyard, if any? Do they have a trolley or rickshaws that we could use to get around the dockyard?

Would your father consider renting a scooter?

Would your father consider renting a scooter?

You realize a scooter is a also called a moped, right? If that's the scooter you're suggesting, it seems awkward to expect an 88 year old to ride a mini motorcycle. Especially on the streets and roads of Bermuda. It's a mean feat for able bodied young people to drive around Bermuda on a motor scooter as it is. There are a lot of tourists who don't know what they are in for on the narrow Bermuda roads. Just saying.

Lorie

You realize a scooter is a also called a moped, right? If that's the scooter you're suggesting, it seems awkward to expect an 88 year old to ride a mini motorcycle. Especially on the streets and roads of Bermuda. It's a mean feat for able bodied young people to drive around Bermuda on a motor scooter as it is. There are a lot of tourists who don't know what they are in for on the narrow Bermuda roads. Just saying.

Lorie

I'm reasonably sure the poster was talking about a mobility scooter, not a moped-type vehicle.