Pre existing coverage

camper49

I have always purchased insurance at final payment. Husband now has health issues..will insurance for pre existing be a lot more costly?

Contact Steve at http://www.TripInsuranceStore.com

Call - don't just look at the various policy summaries online.

They'll help you with comparisons of different policies that waive that exclusion.

Most need to be purchased within 14-21 days of first payment (usually a deposit), but there is at least one that offers that coverage when insurance is started within 24 hours of final payment (NOTE: "final payment" has specific definition here, so check on this).

We've been very happy with the policies we've purchased from them using two different insurers.

And we've had claims that were paid without nonsense, so that's what counts, right? ;)

I have always purchased insurance at final payment. Husband now has health issues..will insurance for pre existing be a lot more costly?

CSA offers plans that have pre-ex coverage if purchased up until the final payment date. Now here's where it gets confusing. CSA offers two different series of plans:

1) the standard Custom and Custom Luxe plans

2) the standard Freestyle and Freestyle Luxe plans

They're very similar except for pricing and one feature that would affect you. The less-expensive standard Custom plan (not the Custom Luxe plan) has no waiver available at any time under any circumstances.

On the other hand, with the Freesty'e plans, both the less-expensive standard Freestyle plan and the Freestyle Luxe plans have a waiver of the pre-existing condition exclusion available up until the final payment date. There's a few other requirements so be sure you comply with ALL of them

If you're shopping with InsureMyTrip you'll only be offered the Custom plans so if you need the pre-ex waiver you'll have to pay more for the Luxe version. (Anything named "LUXE is going to cost you more).

However, the Freestyle plans are available at tripinsurancestore.com With these plans there's no need to pay for the Luxe version to get the pre-ex waiver.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good information here concerning pre-existing.

I have a question concerning the cruise line insurance. If the insurance offered is added to the reservation at the time of booking, would pre-existing conditions still be excluded since the insurance would not be paid for until the final payment date?

Specifically I am referring to Princess.

Looking at the Princess Vacation Protection brochure here: https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Princess_Vacation_Protection.pdf

I am not seeing any provision that waives the pre-existing conditions exclusion, no matter when you pay for this coverage, so it doesn't matter whether you include it at booking and pay for it then or later. Either way, it's not going to cover you for any loss that was caused by a pre-existing condition.

This might not be the exact same coverage you're looking at, so you should read the brochure that Princess provided to you.