Twinnings

Germancruiser

Hi

a question for tea lovers- is Cunard still serving Twinnings tea?? Or was Twinnings a victim of the Carnivalation of Cunard?? Uh I know I know without Carnival there would not be a QM2 or QV, maybe not even the old QE2 would be around anymore.

Do they serve full in cabin - breakfest in Britannia Class, or is it just continental?

Thanks and greetings

Michael

I noticed a deterioration in the quality of the tea when we sailed on the QE2 last August (except for tea in the Queens Grill lounge strangely enough) from that of 18 months previously but I think it has more to do with the Princess management takeover than Carnival.

I noticed a deterioration in the quality of the tea when we sailed on the QE2 last August

Odd. We noticed a vast improvement in the flavour of the drinking water between May 2006 and December 2006. I'm sure that this improvement was also very noticeable in the tea.

Odd. We noticed a vast improvement in the flavour of the drinking water between May 2006 and December 2006. I'm sure that this improvement was also very noticeable in the tea.

It obviously hadn't taken place in September, not that I had noticed any problems with drinking water on the QE2 on our last 3 sailings.

The water quality is bound to vary depending on in which port it is loaded.

David.

The water quality is bound to vary depending on in which port it is loaded.

The vast majority of the water on the QE2 is desalinated sea water - produced either by distillation or reverse osmosis. They would only fill the tanks from a land source if the ship had been too close to land for the desalination plants to be able to operate. They won't fill up at a lot of ports because the water can't be guaranteed to be as pure as they'd like.

Hi

thank you all for the information, glad I get my Twinnings still. Not that I am picky- or could not survive without. LOL. But its nice to have it.

I usually cruise with Celebrity and they have Bigelow, which still is better than Lipton. Their tea in Cova is also great, like Twinnings.

Greetings

Michael

Archived