Questions about LaQunita Hotel in Miami?

ssatterly

If it's the one at the airport on Lajuanne Drive, then I have stayed there, but not pre cruise, so I can't answer the shuttle question, although i did notice a shuttle bus makeing regular stops at the hotel. The parking area,has a guard on it at night, we've never had a aproblem, hope this helps

If you are talking about LaQuinta Airport East (wasn't sure about the free parking), we have stayed at this location twice since September and will stay again the end of this month. The shuttles are the best ever. You must sign up for the shuttle service upon arrival. They write your name down and let you know what shuttle (time) you are on. Then they board the shuttle accordingly. In the past we have been on some free shuttles that were a free for all. In fact we ended up taking a taxi once. This is a clean, inexpensive facility and fine for one night. The breakfast is more then adequate, and you cannot beat the price especially when you factor in the free shuttles from the airport and to the pier.

If you are talking about LaQuinta Airport East (wasn't sure about the free parking), we have stayed at this location twice since September and will stay again the end of this month. The shuttles are the best ever. You must sign up for the shuttle service upon arrival. They write your name down and let you know what shuttle (time) you are on. Then they board the shuttle accordingly. In the past we have been on some free shuttles that were a free for all. In fact we ended up taking a taxi once. This is a clean, inexpensive facility and fine for one night. The breakfast is more then adequate, and you cannot beat the price especially when you factor in the free shuttles from the airport and to the pier.

Thanks...How much does it cost to get back from the port to the hotel via taxi?

How do you book the park & cruise package at this hotel? I checked the website & it doesn't seem to show up.

We are cruising from Miami next April & would love to be able to catch a shuttle to the port...I am not fond of trying to find my way around a strange city..

I will have to leave it to someone else to answer your questions about parking at the hotel and for taxi fare back to the hotel. We always fly in and out. I would think taxi fare would be similar to what it would be back to the airport, they are very close. I guess if there was a huge differnce you could go back to the airport and call the hotel shuttle to come and pick you up;)

I am asking about the one that offers the free parking and free port shuttle. Have you used them? How was the shuttle? How was the rooms? Was the parking safe and secure? Would you stay there again for 1 night per cruise?

We've stayed there twice- 2006 & 2009. Very pleased with the shuttle service from MIA as well as to the port. Also enjoyed the free breakfast.

There was a Bennigan's next door when we stayed there in 2006. Bennigan's is closed now (almost everywhere), but we ordered pizza and had it delivered.

We flew in so I can't answer about parking or taxi back to get your car.

It's in an industrial area so there are no stores nearby. My understanding is that you wouldn't want to be wandering around the area at night, but for one night pre-cruise we were very happy with it.

Archived