coco reef

maureen B.

What is the best way o get to Coco reef resort at Elbow Beach? I made a day reservation and don't know whether its better to go by bus or taxi.

MaureenB, we're going to CocoReef on our Summit cruise -- for the first time too. From what we've heard, there are several ways to get there, from Dockside:

-- Take the #7 bus (direct to the beach). But, I've been told that there is a bit of a walk from the bus stop to the resort.

-- Take a cab from Dockyard to the resort. Most convenient, but pricey -- unless you have someone to share the cab fare with.

-- Take the ferry from Doyckyard to Hamilton; then take the bus from there (sorry -- don't know what number/route that would be).

-- Take the ferry to Hamilton, and get a cab from there to the resort.

We're considering the last option -- cheaper than "cabbing-it" the whole way, but faster than the bus -- and they'll take you right to the resort.

Edited by wwcruisers

When is your Summit cruise? We are going 8/31. I made the reservation for Thursday as the long range weather looks better. Thanks for your reply and all the options!

Maureen

Well, hey there, cruise-mate! Come on over and join the roll-call. The link below is to the last page, as it's a rather long thread. We're a chatty group, but, don't be shy -- just jump right in and introduce yourself! I'm not going to Coco Reef on that particular day, but I think that a few other people are. You guys might be able to get together and share a cab, or something?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1898367&page=146

Edited by wwcruisers

We are just off the 8/17 sailing of the Summit and went to Coco Reef last Wednesday. Take a taxi- the resort itself is a very long walk from the road. It was a 30-40 minute drive and about $40 plus tip each way.

Coco Reef is fantastic. Try to get there earlier rather than later in the day to ensure getting loungers on the beach. We arrived around 10:30am and had a nice spot, but by 11:30am it looked like people had run out of places to sit.

Enjoy Bermuda!

We are just off the 8/17 sailing of the Summit and went to Coco Reef last Wednesday. Take a taxi- the resort itself is a very long walk from the road. It was a 30-40 minute drive and about $40 plus tip each way.

Coco Reef is fantastic. Try to get there earlier rather than later in the day to ensure getting loungers on the beach. We arrived around 10:30am and had a nice spot, but by 11:30am it looked like people had run out of places to sit.

Enjoy Bermuda!

Thank you! Appreciate the tip. :cool:

MaureenB, we're going to CocoReef on our Summit cruise -- for the first time too. From what we've heard, there are several ways to get there, from Dockside:

-- Take the #7 bus (direct to the beach). But, I've been told that there is a bit of a walk from the bus stop to the resort.

-- Take a cab from Dockyard to the resort. Most convenient, but pricey -- unless you have someone to share the cab fare with.

-- Take the ferry from Doyckyard to Hamilton; then take the bus from there (sorry -- don't know what number/route that would be).

We're considering the last option -- cheaper than "cabbing-it" the whole way, but faster than the bus -- and they'll take you right to the resort.

We took a cab from the ship- the cost, without tip was $45 each way. IMO Worth it! We didn't waste the day using the Ferry or bus. The cars typically takes four guests- but if you get a larger car, six can fit. The hotel will call a cab for you when you are ready to leave.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We took a cab from the ship- the cost, without tip was $45 each way. IMO Worth it! We didn't waste the day using the Ferry or bus. The cars typically takes four guests- but if you get a larger car, six can fit. The hotel will call a cab for you when you are ready to leave.

If you have 5-7 passengers in the taxi, the fare to Coco Reef will be about $55, rather than the $45 for 1-4 passengers. Of course if the taxi is being shared, it's more people to divide the fare among.

I think the last option (ferry/taxi) is an excellent compromise, and actually shouldn't take much longer, if at all than taking a taxi directly from Dockyard.

By the way if you wish to do the ferry/bus option, it's still the #7 bus...just traveling in the opposite direction than the #7 from Dockyard.

When is your Summit cruise? We are going 8/31. I made the reservation for Thursday as the long range weather looks better. Thanks for your reply and all the options!

Maureen

Maureen

We are also on the Summit (cabin 7176) and are going to Coco Reef on Thursday, September 4th. We would be interested in sharing a taxi. Please let us know if you want to share one.

Bob and Toby

We would be interested in sharing a cab to coco reef as well. We are on the summit sailing 8/31 in cabin 8078.

Alisa and Dave

Let's plan on talking when we get on the ship. If Maureen also wants to come, we can get a cab that will hold 6 people and it will be less expensive.

Bob and Toby

Let's plan on talking when we get on the ship. If Maureen also wants to come, we can get a cab that will hold 6 people and it will be less expensive.

Bob and Toby

Hi Bob and Toby,

I'm just reading your note on our 8/31 thread about sharing a cab. That's good that there are a bunch of us. We would be interested as well in sharing. Were you planning on going early and staying all day as we would like to enjoy as much time as possible that day at the beach.

We are in cabin 2012. I see that you are in 7176 and Alisa and Dave are in 8078.

Thanks

Angela and Bill

Hi Bob and Toby,

I'm just reading your note on our 8/31 thread about sharing a cab. That's good that there are a bunch of us. We would be interested as well in sharing. Were you planning on going early and staying all day as we would like to enjoy as much time as possible that day at the beach.

We are in cabin 2012. I see that you are in 7176 and Alisa and Dave are in 8078.

Thanks

Angela and Bill

We would like to leave the ship around 9:30, not sure how long the trip to the hotel takes, but assume it will be less than an hour. Another poster, earlier in this thread, said that they got there at 10:30 and had no problem in getting beach chairs but that people coming at 11:30 did. Depending on weather, we will probably head back to the ship around 4:00 so we can shower and have dinner around 6:00 to 6:30 (we have select dining) and go to the show.

Bob and Toby

There have been posts in both this thread and also our roll call thread about sharing a taxi. Since this thread has many less posts and is easier to keep track of lets keep any future posts in this thread.

Bob

Wouldn't it be better to keep it in your roll call thread so others don't have to read about your plans?

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

I am very interested in this thread, we are on a different ship, different date, but are pondering this very same plan. :)

We will be on the breakaway next year and will plan again on going to coco reef day two in Bermuda since we totally enjoyed it this year

Enjoy your cruise

Edited by Cruise a holic