Princess California Coastal San Francisco Port Time

Can anyone who has been on The LA RT Princess California Coastal cruise tell me the time you got off the ship in San Francisco? The itinerary states the ship docks at 7 but not sure how quick we can get off the ship. We want to try and catch a private tour leaving from Fisherman's wharf around 8. Thanks!

We just booked a tour that leaves from Taylor Street at 9:00. It appears to be a short walk from the pier, so we are sure hoping to get off the ship in time to get there. The tour goes to Alcatraz, Muir Woods and Sausalito. This is on Sept. 22. I booked before I read somewhere that sometimes people get off ship late in S.F. Guess we'll just be taking a chance. Let me know what you decided to do!

Does anyone know if debarkation in San Francisco has anything to do with whether or not the previous port is in a foreign country? We have booked an independent tour for 8:30, thinking we would be safe with the ship arriving in port at 7am. Now I am reading that sometimes folks are not allowed off the ship until as late as 10am. I just wondered if the fact that we are sailing directly from L.A. would have anything to do with faster processing of passports, etc. Hopefully this question makes sense. Thanks!

Does anyone know if debarkation in San Francisco has anything to do with whether or not the previous port is in a foreign country? We have booked an independent tour for 8:30, thinking we would be safe with the ship arriving in port at 7am. Now I am reading that sometimes folks are not allowed off the ship until as late as 10am. I just wondered if the fact that we are sailing directly from L.A. would have anything to do with faster processing of passports, etc. Hopefully this question makes sense. Thanks!

My guess would be that the process should be a lot quicker if you are not arriving from a foreign country since passports, etc. will not have to be processed.

If you are coming in on September 22nd, that will make you only the third ship to be using the new cruise terminal (Pier 27). This is good to keep in mind since what the disembarkation will be like is not yet known. Hopefully it will be quicker than at the current pier.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone who has been on The LA RT Princess California Coastal cruise tell me the time you got off the ship in San Francisco? The itinerary states the ship docks at 7 but not sure how quick we can get off the ship. We want to try and catch a private tour leaving from Fisherman's wharf around 8. Thanks!

You should be OK leaving at 8:00.

Does anyone know how far the ferry is to Alcatraz Island from the Princess dock? Is it walkable?

It is very close by. From the new Cruise Ship Terminal (Pier 27) just turn right and walk a few blocks.

Is that also where the ferry goes to Sausalito?

I believe the Sausalito Ferry leaves from the Ferry building. According to Google maps, you would turn left from the new Cruise Terminal, and walk 0.8 of a mile.

For the Alcatraz boat, turn right from the new Cruise Terminal and walk 0.2 of a mile.