Taxi or shuttle?

pungo3

Does anyone know the cost for a taxi from the Port of New Orleans to New Orleans International Airport? I'd appreciate any suggestions for getting from the port to the airport, and approximate cost if you know it. Thanks in advance.:D

Does anyone know the cost for a taxi from the Port of New Orleans to New Orleans International Airport? I'd appreciate any suggestions for getting from the port to the airport, and approximate cost if you know it. Thanks in advance.:D

Never mind. I found Fare Finder for New Orleans cabs. Definitely less cost to take a cab than take the cruise line's shuttle.

• 2 weeks later...

The airport is much further away though.

You might consider some other options, like shuttles from some of the area hotels, etc. or doing some version of a shared ride.

There's also some public transit options. You might want to look into the transit options from the Convention Center.

• 3 weeks later...

Just did this; the flat, posted rate between the two points (either way) is $33.00 for 1 or 2 people, and I want to say either $14 or $16 each for 3 (I could be wrong). There are cabs lined up waiting to go and you do not have to wait for the shuttle bus to fill up, you just go. Cab is king. :)

• 3 months later...

yes, I can clearly see that a taxi is great for comfort and convenience. But....what if one has lots of luggage?

We will arrive at MSY with six "bags" between two people. long story, but essentially we are carrying baggage allowance for family members arriving at a later time.

Anyway, would it not be more economical to take the shuttle, in that one can have three bags, because a taxi just won't be able to hold everything?

Of course, if I knew that there are/were mini van taxis, that would solve everything.

TIA, Lisa

The airport is much further away though.

You might consider some other options, like shuttles from some of the area hotels, etc. or doing some version of a shared ride.

There's also some public transit options. You might want to look into the transit options from the Convention Center.

There are no transit options to the airport from the port, plus, buses/trolley do not allow luggage. Finding a free shuttle from a hotel in the downtown area is really tough. The best option is cab for a flat rate for two.

For the poster with extra luggage, ask the driver, some might make it work, they routinely carry four bags for two and might be able to work around your extra luggage. Front seat???