Fly2Fun

cocacola86

How does it work and can you fly in before and how does the flexible work you book the airfare and pay for it when you pay your cruise off and what airline can you book? I'm just confused and don't understand what the website says.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I certainly can't relay all details for Fly2Fun, but just this morning I spoke with my PVP and booked airfare from the DC area to Barcelona Spain, and from NY back to DC for the Vista TA in October.

What I got so far is an American Airlines flight from Baltimore to Bacelona starting on 10/18, and then a return flight on 11/3 from LaGuardia back to Baltimore for one price. So far I've not paid anything, my PVP assures me we will have 2 tickets for both flights and the airfare can be paid with the cruise balance in July if we choose to. Once paid, we handle the air fare as any other booked airline ticket as far as seat selections, changes, cancelations etc go for any non-refundable airfare.

There were no restrictsions on when we could fly/travel to BCN. I'm not sure what other airlines there were to choose from, he gave me choices based on when we wanted to arrive in BCN, had a more or less direct flight from Philly to BCN on American which was good for me as I can aquire more AA points.

He also stated any changes, cancelations interruptions etc to airfare impactiing the cruise, Carnival would handle at no additional cost to us..obvioulsy hoping not to put that to the test...but good to know.

I never used Carnvial's previous air fare program....looked into it a couple of times, but it was too restrictive and not really cost effective. Having paid twice in the past for 2 other TA's out of Barcelona, using and online airfare site, the cost I got today I'm very happy with and was inline with what I previously paid.

Edited by bar1068

My PVP offered a number of flights at different times and routings based on the day we wanted to depart for BCN. I can only assume they were on different airlines. My priorities were fewest stops and shortest overall flight/travel time, the airline was secondary to me. But our outbound flight is on American and return flight is on Delta, so my guess is they are using different airlines.

Hmmm different than a couple of years ago where you had to fly the day of and no pre cruise but I think you could only defer the payment

New program nothing like the old one. There was an option to fly prior to cruise day, but it was limited. First time I looked into old program, you could only book 2 days max prior to cruise. Other thing about the old program many did not like was you did not know your actual flight information..airline...flight number..depart and return times until about 45 days prior to cruise.

I used fly 2 fun. On a whim I called to price flights and was surprised when carnival was 80.00 cheaper per flight then what Delta was quoting for the same flight. (flight was able to be cancelled up to 60 days before) The balance was due when the cruise was but I think we need to pay in order choose seats. We were able to choose our flights.

I like to book everything ourselves but this seemed to work for us.

We had that when we were on the Breeze do you know if you can book Southwest or JetBlue

Reading the pre-booking Q&As, I saw both airlines mentioned: For Jet Blue, Southwest, Airtran and Frontier....

So, looks like they are also used.

Could you pick what airlines and what times?

Also from the Q&As:

Can I select my own preferred airline?

Absolutely! You can select your preferred airline, travel dates, time and fare.

Can you pay for ite using Carnival gift cards?

I'm going to go with a definite you should be able to.

When I added the flights to our booking via my PVP, he sent a "new" booking confirmation email with our new balance due, that now includes the airfare, along with the balance due for the cruise.

While this thread is old, it still has some very important information regarding cruise lines Air fare departments.

Some info is still valid, some info has changed, but the majority is shared knowledge that you must have to understand exactly what you are getting when you buy air travel thru the cruise line.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=530322

Does anyone know how soon ahead you can get prices/book the air through Carnival? I know different airlines release travel dates at different times but am not sure if Carnival is able to price and book them earlier when a person can't yet.

Does anyone know how soon ahead you can get prices/book the air through Carnival? I know different airlines release travel dates at different times but am not sure if Carnival is able to price and book them earlier when a person can't yet.

We have had our flights for about 6 months now. choose our own seats. I would try fly 2 fun again, atleast to price check.

We have had our flights for about 6 months now. choose our own seats. I would try fly 2 fun again, atleast to price check.

When will you be cruising? How long after you booked your flights were you able to make you seat selections?

When will you be cruising? How long after you booked your flights were you able to make you seat selections?

I put a payment for the amount of the flight and they sent me my flight info the day I booked. I then choose seats that day or possibly the day after. I am not sure if they would have released the confirmation number without the payment. We did the flexible so full payment for the flight was not due until the cruise payment was due in full.

I was planning on booking through delta but just happened to see the fly 2 fun and tried it. It was less then the price delta was quoting. I choose the flight I wanted.

Did you do economy or comfort plus if you can do that or first class? Did they give you an option of times

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think they book economy and then when I choose the seats we could upgrade to comfort plus. THey did have options on which flight we choose. I had Delta website open at the time and could ask for the flights (times) I wanted. Prices varied a little but if I remember right all were much lower then the price | was looking at on the Delta site.

When you get your flights make sure to confirm the flexible or if your flights are "unchangeable." Our flights were flexible and we could change and I think, cancel them up to 60 days before the cruise.

I am not sure if I could have requested first class as that was not something I was interested in.

When we booked fly 2 fun it was pretty new. There was a little confusion on flights when we first started but hopefully all the learning curve is done.