E Ticket arrived but no Pre booked cabin on it!

Hi everyone,

Just received my E Ticket for my cruise on 11 May, but it doesn't mention that I have pre booked a cabin & the cabin no. My TA has told me that it doesn't and not to worry about it. Thomson have it on the system what cabin I pre booked. Anyone else came across this?

Thanks

Gav :(:)

Hi everyone,

Just received my E Ticket for my cruise on 11 May, but it doesn't mention that I have pre booked a cabin & the cabin no. My TA has told me that it doesn't and not to worry about it. Thomson have it on the system what cabin I pre booked. Anyone else came across this?Thanks. Gav :(:)

Hi Gav

Have you read Page 2 Accommodation Details? Have looked at our last couple of e-tickets and the info is under Cabin Allocation and Board. Gives location of cabin and grade but no number. Also further down is Transfer and Accommodation Options and Prebooked Cabin should be there.

Don't panic. Go through the e-ticket slowly because there is a lot to take in. It will also mention EAPI (registering your passports) and luggage weights a couple of pages further on.:)

Yes it does seem to be an inexplicable omission - can't see why it can't be recorded although that is the norm. We've never had a problem about them knowing the cabin we've booked although we didn't get our booked cabin due to double-booking on a couple of occasions! They gave us the booking fee back and reassigned us a cabin in a similar location.

We usually book on-line but ask our TA to just email us a message confirming the pre-booked cabin and number which I can take with me. It's just having the peace of mind having something to take with you - perhaps your TA will oblige with an email you can print off and take with you too.

Don't know if this is something new, we booked our Stay & Cruise in October, booked online, then on the 13th December, i phoned and booked the cabin i wanted, i was ready to pay for it as usual with my card, but they said it would just be added to the bill, and i then got an email confirming the price ammendment (to incldue cabin), on the price breakdown it confirms pre-booked cabin at £42, then it lists accomodation details, followed by cruise details, but in this part, it clearly states :

Pre Booked Cabin Number: 0433

I booked my cruise online, then called up to book a specific cabin. This also doesn't show on my e-ticket, though I did get an e-mail at the time I called to book the cabin which confirms the cabin number.

Last time I spoke to the Thomson call centre, the guy explained that everything was on different computer systems, so that's why things don't always match up.... so I'm sure all will be fine.

Thanks everyone, yea I booked the cabin when I booked the holiday through my TA, they just ticked the deck plan on the brochure with my cabin number. I'll give the lovely thomsons a call to confirm lol

Thanks again

Gav:D

Email them Gav -I did last year and the same this year and they sent the cabin confirmation no problem. It gives you something to wave under their noses if they just happen to double book.

If you book through a TA your cabin number may be on the docs they give you but these are printed off in the shop and only contain any info that has been input by the girl who does the booking (does that make sense!)

Im an ex TA and when you book a holiday (or cruise) for someone there are two diff docs you give them (or should) :eek:

The first is the shop confirmation, if in a Thomson shop will say Thomson at the top if co-op travel then co-op etc.... this is the doc that the member of staff in the travel shop will manually fill in on her computer, often she will add items like cabin number ;)

When the official thomsons conf is emailed to the shop (sometimes this is instant depending on what type of system they use) this will also be printed off and a copy given to customer or posted if it is later on etc. ( this is the one you need to check carefully as this is what you have booked !!!) :cool:

I have never known Thomson to put a pre-booked cabin number on this at all :(

I think it is ridiculous too and now i'm a customer on the other side of the desk i can see the fustration when i ask for it in writing but Thomson just dont supply it.

I used an agent for this years cruise like Kruz i asked for conf from the agent by email of which cabin i had booked which they supplied but its really not worth the paper its written on im afraid and such a bad system especially as Kruz said she has twice now not got the cabin she paid to reserve and only been given back the fee! What an easy cop-out for thomson.:mad:

Also apparently ( and i asked a man at Thomsons cruise dept recently) there is a glitch in the sysyem with the cabin bookings and he confirmed that often on a 2 week cruise there are problems as their system doesnt carry the reserverd cabin over to the second week !!! How bad ??? I asked about this after also reading about this a few times on here and f/b and other forums ...

If you book with an agent and ring to add the choose your cabin option they should type the cabin number in on the new docs they send out with any change made to the booking (again this is only the TA adding the details after phoning Thomson, will not have come from Thomson if again that makes sense so only the TA adding info that is given to her over the phone not a def conf of cabin number! )

If you book direct on the net then its interesting if by leaving it and booking your cabin on a sep date you get conf with cabin number. I have never seen this before but if it does work then thats a real bonus.:D

If you book direct on the net then its interesting if by leaving it and booking your cabin on a sep date you get conf with cabin number. I have never seen this before but if it does work then thats a real bonus.:D

I did this for our cruise coming up this summer. I received a second email with 'Cruise booking amendment' in the subject. This was a new confirmation which stated that I had pre-booked a cabin, and then further down under 'Special Requests' it says: 'Welfare Remarks:CN0635' - Cabin 635 being the cabin number that I booked.

Thanks everyone, yea I booked the cabin when I booked the holiday through my TA, they just ticked the deck plan on the brochure with my cabin number. I'll give the lovely thomsons a call to confirm lol

Thanks again

Gav:D

Hi Gavinrussell115,

You're welcome to contact us at thomsoncares@thomson.co.uk with all the details and we can take a look at this for you.

Thanks,

Rhiannon

Hi Rhiannon

Were due to cruise in 5 weeks and have not received our confirmation invoice after paying our balance months ago.I am sure we received this every other year.We are booked through an independant TA

Advise please

Hi Jim The Scot,

If you can send us your reference to thomsoncares@thomson.co.uk, we can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Hollie

If you book through a TA your cabin number may be on the docs they give you but these are printed off in the shop and only contain any info that has been input by the girl who does the booking (does that make sense!)

Correct Dreamgirl

Im an ex TA and when you book a holiday (or cruise) for someone there are two diff docs you give them (or should) :eek:

The first is the shop confirmation, if in a Thomson shop will say Thomson at the top if co-op travel then co-op etc.... this is the doc that the member of staff in the travel shop will manually fill in on her computer, often she will add items like cabin number ;)

And again

When the official thomsons conf is emailed to the shop (sometimes this is instant depending on what type of system they use) this will also be printed off and a copy given to customer or posted if it is later on etc. ( this is the one you need to check carefully as this is what you have booked !!!) :cool:

I have never known Thomson to put a pre-booked cabin number on this at all :(

And again :D

I emailed Thomsons and they were good enough to email confirmation of cabin number/reservation

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the suggestions, I emailed Thomson's on the email address above and I had the answer 3 hours later. Brillant, booked in Cabin 7117.

Gav;)

Great - glad you've got it sorted Gavin. Not long now - are you counting? :D:D

Great - glad you've got it sorted Gavin. Not long now - are you counting? :D:D

Yeah, turning into a bit of a sado lol, I spend a lot of time on the forum or if im not doing that, its looking at reviews or photos lol

I think its just that we are so looking forward to it. We were originally booked for last Sept but had to delay due to my mum having medical treatment. Its been a long time coming and its finally coming around. Aaaa so excited lol

Kruzseeka, any trips planned? :)

Yeah, turning into a bit of a sado lol, I spend a lot of time on the forum or if im not doing that, its looking at reviews or photos lol

I think its just that we are so looking forward to it. We were originally booked for last Sept but had to delay due to my mum having medical treatment. Its been a long time coming and its finally coming around. Aaaa so excited lol

Kruzseeka, any trips planned? :)

Yes.... but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. It's with P&O! :eek: Going to Iceland (brrrrrrrr...) in June as it was a good 'Getaway' deal and they aren't operating a similar itinerary from Harwich this year. Had we lived nearer to Newcastle I'm sure we would have been going on Spirit! Everyone on here who did the Fire & Ice with Thomson thought it was brilliant so we're really looking forward to it - it will certainly be something very different.

And you can rest assured I'll be comparing P&O with our beloved Thomson :D I have mixed feelings - of course I want it to be a really good trip but I almost don't want it to be as good as Thomson if you can understand that! I'll report back whatever! ;)

As for being a sado - join the club if that means checking out ports of call, asking questions on here and planning everything you want to do! That's what I do all the time. :o Good fun isn't it?

Have a wonderful time gavin - and don't forget to let us know how you got on! ;)

Hi everyone,

Just received my E Ticket for my cruise on 11 May, but it doesn't mention that I have pre booked a cabin & the cabin no. My TA has told me that it doesn't and not to worry about it. Thomson have it on the system what cabin I pre booked. Anyone else came across this?

Thanks

Gav :(:)

Wotcha

Just recieved our tickets for the 2wk cruise on Maj starting 03/05. just noticed no cabin number and a four berth cabin allocated. I wonder who my wife and myself will be sharing with (bring your own booze whoever you are)

Archived