Pre cruise Hotel Recommendations

trrn2016

We are going on the Pride Of America in February, 2018 and will be staying 3 nights before the cruise. Looking for suggestions for hotels which are reasonably priced, includes breakfast, great location, etc. Have never been to Hawaii so have minimal knowledge. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

There is that horribly vague and totally subjective "reasonably priced" again.

You are going to want to stay in Waikiki, it is the center of activities. There are many threads here on hotels on Oahu, and in Waikiki. However, Waikiki will never be called inexpensive, nor will Hawaii.

We like the Embassy Suites.

Hyatt Place has great reviews, included hot breakfast, no resort fee and a few blocks from the beach. We are staying with points, but I believe the rate was under $200/night. We'll be in Honolulu mid October after our cruise (NCL Jewel Vancouver to Honolulu).

Hope this helps.

I don't think there are any hotels close to both beach and cruise but here are a couple of my suggestions. At the Kapiolani Park end of Waikiki is the Park Shore Waikiki and the Queen Kapiolani. The Park Shore is directly across from the beach and the park. The QK is one block away from the beach across the street from the park. Both have pool areas with fabulous views of Diamond Head, the beach and Kapiolani Park. I like this end of Waikiki because it is less congested. I would not make "breakfast included" a deal breaker, to me it's location, location, location. Our favorite restaurant that attaches to the Park Shore is Lu Lu's. Great casual open air for B,L, and D. And you can try a PriceLine bid for a 4 star in the Waikiki area and might end up with the Marriott or something else more expensive than the mid-range hotels I have suggested. Have a great time. Cherie

p.s. If you are not already a member, you can join the SPG program with Starwood hotels. The Sheraton Waikiki is great and often offers great discounts to SPG members, plus AAA, and AARP rates. And if you are eligible for the Hale Koa, the military hotel on Waikiki, you should definitely check it out.

Trying to decide which hotel is convenientry located for beach, cruise, etc. Right now seems a little confusing. Thanks for any help!

What your budget per night is the most helpful piece of information you can give right now.

I too would not make an included breakfast part of the criteria it is all about location.

Waikiki is the only place you want to be, it is just a matter of which hotel in Waikiki.

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach because of included breakfast (it was good), free wi fi and location. Couple of blocks from Waikiki Beach, walkable to the Diamond Head Luau and a short taxi ride to Diamond Head. We also walked all along Waikiki Beach to eat, shop & people watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums