Dress Code issues???

Leaving for Enchantment in 8 days and I need to know what to pack for the MDR.

What is the dress code for each of the meals in the MDR? Please include formal night, I have only been on Carnival ;)

What is the dress code for each of the meals in the MDR? Please include formal night, I have only been on Carnival ;)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqId=255

This should help explain it for you.

Life Onboard

Q: What are the dress codes onboard?

A: There are three distinct types of evenings onboard: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

The number of smart casual and formal nights is at the ship's discretion.

A 7 night cruise will have two formal nights and the rest will be casual. The dress codes are suggested and not strictly enforced. Smart casual is typically acceptable for the formal nights.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Are jeans allowed for children and what is the dress code for breakfast and lunch? I don't want to have to dress up for breakfast, but I love eating in the MDR.

Shorts and casual wear are fine for the MDR for breakfast and lunch. Jeans are OK for the children on most nights but I would suggest khakis or similar for the formal nights.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Shorts and casual wear are fine for the MDR for breakfast and lunch. Jeans are OK for the children on most nights but I would suggest khakis or similar for the formal nights.

Great, that is what we did on our last cruise.

Are jeans allowed for children and what is the dress code for breakfast and lunch? I don't want to have to dress up for breakfast, but I love eating in the MDR.

Not sure where you are sailing, or ages of the children - however jeans are fine in the MDR - would suggest Docker type slacks for formal night, or dressier pants or a dress for a girl.

During the day shorts are fine anywhere on the ship, including breakfast in MDR. Just back from the Oasis - not sure where you are cruising - but it was hot! Would not have wanted to wear jeans at any time!

Wear what you would wear to a cocktail party for formal night. Jeans are going to be HOT on a Caribbean cruise and you truly won't see very many people wearing them anywhere on the ship...especially on formal night. In fact, I've only seen one person entering the dining room in a pair of jeans on our last cruise. Not sure the same is acceptable in the MDR at night on Royal as Carnival. I've seen them ask a couple of people to please change and return. Doesn't happen often but it does happen. Take dockers instead of jeans.