Tea time on Costa ships?

leonidas

Hello,

Just a question for all of you, who sailed with Costa before.

Do they have something like tea time in the Main Dining Room daily with small bites, hearthy and sweet in the afternoon?

Kind regards,

Gina

Not in the MDR. They do have it in the buffet, usually 4-5, if memory serves me correctly. You make your own tea or coffee at the drinks station or pay for it from a bar (unless you're on AI). They have a few different savoury things and also some desserts.

Traditional afternoon tea, it most certainly isn't! Don't be expecting scones and clotted cream. It's is good for a late afternoon snack, particularly if you are on second sitting for dinner.

Oh the good old days of high tea in one of the lounges. Waiters in full dress with white gloves would serve you Earl Grey, small sandwiches with the crust cut off, (mostly for grannies aka dear MIL, you left their dentures in th cabin bathroom). Showing that the empire lived on. But now just another happz hour between the buffet closing and the first sitting in the MDR.

I hate it when a thread is hijacked, we were talking about tea time.:D

But I thank you for bringing me back to my senses, afternoon cocktails are so much better than a cup of hot water with a bag full of tea dust fighting for it's life. I can just imagine my dear old Mum, "would you like a nice cuppa - how do you like it with one or two shots of rum".

With the AI Costa got at least one thing right.

Hey Ron,

Glad to see you back!

Assuming that you had a fabulous time???

Hi Tanja, had a great time, one of the best so far, can't wait for the new catalog to come out.

Putting ideas together to do a review.

Regards to now not so litttle Luke.

Ron,

So glad that you enjoyed! Your right Luke is not so little now- he will be 10 this year! We are desperatly searching for a cruise that will suit us.

Am thinking April 2016 Fortuna- Dubai to Shanghai. It has only just come up on the AU Costa site- at a bargain price too!