? Seattle RCI Pier #

ne3180

I booked a hotel at what I thought was 8 blocks from our pier, 66. Now another cruise book tells me Vision of the Sea will be at pier 30. When I called Royal Caribbean and asked I was told it could be any pier, whatever is available. How will I know what pier the ship will be at. If it's a different pier I will change our hotel reservation to be closer.

I booked a hotel at what I thought was 8 blocks from our pier, 66. Now another cruise book tells me Vision of the Sea will be at pier 30. When I called Royal Caribbean and asked I was told it could be any pier, whatever is available. How will I know what pier the ship will be at. If it's a different pier I will change our hotel reservation to be closer.

Even if your ship is docked at Pier 30, you probably won't find a closer hotel. You will most likely need a cab regardless as 8 blocks is a long way to lug luggage, etc. - we have "hills" here. Have a great cruise

Ach, I wish my post about terminal 30 had ever been replied to, then it would be up. :)

30 is deep in the heart of container-ship land. Just like Ballantyne in Vancouver. Not, so much, lovely.

It's, if memory serves, something like 9 or 11 miles north (along 99) of SeaTac, so if you are going out of 30, you could very likely find a less expensive (though less ritzy) hotel down near the airport vs being in downtown Seattle.

I think I found out where our Alaska cruise left from (the pretty Canada Place or container-ship-land of Ballantyne) when we got our documents about a month before... Perhaps that is when you'll find out for absolutely certain.

Archived