Voyager: Current Bands?

markannab

Hi all

We're on Voyager on 21 February. My wife and I like do dance a bit of old-time R 'n' R. Can anyone give me an idea of current bands onboard? What styles of music are they playing, etc? Who makes up the bands?

For example, we had a terrific band made of of Filipino's: Three sisters and, I think, a brother. On Explorer, we had another Filipino band with the lead singer being a very tiny Filipino girl.

Any help would be appreciated,

Mark.

Thankyou for your reply . . . though I don't quite understand it. :-) I will recognize the band if it's one I've been on a cruise with before.

Yes, they usually have a great range of music styles. I play music and it blows me away how they can do rock, pop and blues then, on another night, swap to something like country!

The only time I've been disappointed is on a recent P&O cruise. They had two multi-piece bands (aside from the solos, duets and the ships own jazz band). Those two multi-piece bands both did almost nothing but modern pop. And both bands had a very similar sound and a repertoire which was so small it repeated literally every day. And, to top it off, several of the same songs were done by different bands!

But, I have to say, that was the only time that's happened.