Oasis class vs Voyager Class

Pr3dict

Hi all, I just booked a 7nt western Caribbean on Oasis of the seas. My girlfriend isnt so fond of the length of this cruise as our longest prior has been a 5 night on adventure of the seas. We have been on majesty, brilliance, adventure, and now this would be our biggest at oasis.

I know this probably is a personal opinion but are we going to hate having 6000 people on board? Is it going to feel like an amusement park and not really a vacation?

Voyager class and Oasis class have virtually the same guest to public space ratio. Can't say that I ever felt a big difference, crowding wise, between the two.

Oasis is a fantastic ship, this class has so many different areas ("neighborhoods") and so much going on that in my experience the crowd seems to be pretty well spread out.

Hi all, I just booked a 7nt western Caribbean on Oasis of the seas. My girlfriend isnt so fond of the length of this cruise as our longest prior has been a 5 night on adventure of the seas. We have been on majesty, brilliance, adventure, and now this would be our biggest at oasis.

I know this probably is a personal opinion but are we going to hate having 6000 people on board? Is it going to feel like an amusement park and not really a vacation?

Sometimes you will feel the 6000 passengers, most times you won't. Up to you to decide if you hate it or not.

The ships are actually designed fairly well from that stand point - crowd dispersal. There will definitely be times when it's more crowded on the Oasis ships. For example, embarkation day the Buffet and Cafes are packed - it's busy on all ships though I am sure, but it was very noticeable when I was on the Allure. The cafes can be really bad considering they are relatively small. Be prepared to wait for that beef sandwich on Oasis and not be able to sit down [it wasn't really that bad though]. I've only sailed the Freedom and Oasis class ships and definitely noticed the Allure was generally more busy. However, it wasn't horribly busy everywhere all the time, but definite line ups at certain times and places, which I didn't experience on the Freedom nearly as much.

Keep in mind, my experience is one cruise on each ship in November and December.

My preference is for the Freedom class and will probably avoid sailing on the Oasis class ships in the future for the most part, partially due to the larger number of passengers. I'd still sail on one though given the right price/itinerary of course! Will be sailing a Voyager class in December.

Edited by docd

Our first cruise ever was on the Brilliance back in 2015, our second was on Freedom last year. We thought Freedom was much busier and much more crowded, especially in the Windjammer Café, which seemed to be the same size as the Brilliance's, but was servicing many more people.:(

One day at sea on Freedom we wanted to sit out on the main deck to catch a little sun; I found one empty chair for my lovely wife on the uppermost sundeck, then I had to hunt all around the entire jogging track and pool deck below to find another unoccupied chair that I had to carry all the way back up to where my lovely wife was sitting; took me at least twenty minutes! That was quite a turn off.:mad:

Our next cruise is on the Oasis next year; I too hope that the crowd is much more spread out.

Well I just made final payment for the oasis. We are more of the relaxation type then the go shopping on a cruise type.

I really really wanted to try the crown loft suite on an oasis class. That suite looked amazing so I'm hoping it will make any downside with the ship worth it.

I don't hate crowds but I do want the most value for my money

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I didn't find Oasis or Allure crowded for the most part aside from the Windjammer. Note in various threads options for working around that; the Wipeout Cafe' 1 deck down, perhaps try breakfast in the main dining room, hit it at odd hours a bit. It wasn't undoable; just finding a table to claim was occasionally a chore.

But Central Park can be somewhat serene, and the Boardwalk is often pretty open, so I don't recall the Oasis-class as particularly crowded.

Richard.