Do I have the time????

louisville fan

Will be in GC this month form 7am to 4pm, would I have time to go to the Turtle farm for a few hours( as I think my 3 yr old grand child would like) and then hit up the beach for a couple hours. If so is there a good beach close to the turtle farm that is safe for swimming. Thanks for any help.

You should have plenty of time...you won't want to spend MUCH time on the beach with a 3 year old....the sun is too strong!

7 Mile Beach is on the way back from the Turtle Farm. Public buses run regularly, and that will probably be your best (and cheapest) bet. The beach is quite calm (of course, depending on weather!!)....so it's great for splashing. The "Public Beach" area near Seagrape Beach access has restrooms, food, drink, chair/umbrella and watersport rentals. Walk to the road when you're ready to head back to the tender, and hop on the next bus. $2.50 pp.

About how far is the Seagrape area from the turtle farm.

As an FYI, the Seagrape area of Seven Mile Beach is now a hotel that does not allow day guests to use the facilities.

You will want to get dropped off at Public Beach, which is the public section of Beach in that general area. It's about halfway back to the port from the turtle farm, and it should be easy to catch the bus or a taxi there for the rest of the trip back to the port. (Total distance approx 20-25 mins, about 10 min from turtles to beach, another 10 back to port - WITHOUT TRAFFIC - allow extra time for the return trip to the port)