Car Service-Jiffy Jeff or Larry’s Limo

DelawareTom

I need to book a car service in January to go from a Ft. Lauderdale Hotel to Port of Miami (and return). I need a private car (not necessarily a limo) but not a van due to a handicapped passenger. Anybody use a private car by either (or both) of these companies and willing to share their experience? Thanks very much.

We used Larry's Limo for the opposite direction trip last year, Port of Miami to hotel on 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale, and have the same trip booked early December.

This reply speaks to the service encountered.

The price with gratuity is $102.00.

The service is outstanding--I use their chat service when booking; they send an email with all details and then you confirm the booking at that time.

The driver was excellent, the vehicles are sedans or suv's, and there was no negative to the entire process.

We have used Larry's Limo from hotel in Miami to Port Everglade. Great service and would definitely use again.

Good to know as coming from uk its difficult to know! We will be arriving quite late so wanted a reliable service

Jiffy Jeff is great - we use and recommend them to everyone. They have the best customer service and drivers and nice Mercedes vans. No prepayment required for their service or gratuities and they are very reliable. I suggest you call Jiffy Jeff. They always do right by us.

Go Airport - based at the FLL airport - offers both shared shuttles and private car service; about $90+tip for private transport when we used them a couple of years ago.

A taxi on the same run will be about $75-80; Uber will be closer to $40

Edited by JohninDC

Jiffy Jeff is great - we use and recommend them to everyone. They have the best customer service and drivers and nice Mercedes vans. No prepayment required for their service or gratuities and they are very reliable. I suggest you call Jiffy Jeff. They always do right by us.

Have used and agree, great service and friendly.

Larry's Limo provides excellent service, reasonable rates and knowledgeable drivers. Used there service for a round trip from my condo in Hallandale Beach to Port Everglades in January 2016. Was upgraded to a Mercedes SUV when a sedan wasn't available. The driver who was from Colombia was very personable and transported us in both directions. I recommend Larry's Limos to family and friends when they are visiting the South Florida area.

We used Larry's Limo for the opposite direction trip last year, Port of Miami to hotel on 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale, and have the same trip booked early December.

This reply speaks to the service encountered.

The price with gratuity is $102.00.

The service is outstanding--I use their chat service when booking; they send an email with all details and then you confirm the booking at that time.

The driver was excellent, the vehicles are sedans or suv's, and there was no negative to the entire process.

Many thanks that is so reassuring. We decided to book them from Miami to Ft laiderdale, hotel to port and port back to airport. Yes a bit more expensive than taxis uber shuttles etc but peace of mind and comfort when in a different country.

• 2 months later...
sorry' date=' just realized I typed the wrong airport when I requested the quote::o[/quote']

Our quote from Miami to FL was $94 and from the Port back to airport $80 - we were happy to pay this for peace of mind and having experienced last year the mêlée which was the Celebrity shuttle!

I just requested a quote from Larry's Limos for a pick up from Port Canaveral to FLL & it came back @ $504.00 for just a regular sedan for 2 people. I know the OP was looking for a Miami destination' date=' but thought I'd give a heads up on the cost.[/quote']

Yeah, adding an extra 200 miles (one way) to the trip does tend to inflate the cost. ;)