Harwich Hotels

We are planning on spending the night before our cruise in Harwich, the embarkation point.

We have narrowed it down to 3 hotels:

The Tower

Premier Inn

Hotel Continental

Of these 3 hotels, which would you choose?

Would have loved The Pier but they do not have a lift, which is a requirement for one of our party.

Thanks

I have checked TA, turnip eater. They all have good reviews. Obviously Premier doesn't have the character I had hoped for in a hotel. Tower does, but will cab ride to the cruise terminal be longer from the tower since Premeir is closer to the terminal?

I have checked TA, turnip eater. They all have good reviews. Obviously Premier doesn't have the character I had hoped for in a hotel. Tower does, but will cab ride to the cruise terminal be longer from the tower since Premeir is closer to the terminal?

The Tower seems very dated (IMHO) and not in a good way. Of course, I may be completely wrong.:)

I agree Premier's looks are nothing to write home about, but I think that it is close to Harwich 'cruise terminal'. Perhaps someone will come along with more info.:)

Plug each of these two hotels into Google and you'll see on the maps that the Tower is a little bit further from the cruise terminal, but keep in mind that the distances at issue here are very small. (In fact, both hotels are closer to the terminal than The Pier is, and its sounds like you would have chosen The Pier but for the lifts issue.) I would pick the hotel based on your preference for the hotel and not worry about the cab ride. It will be pretty short either way. (We stayed at The Pier last fall and it was a short ride to the terminal.)

BTW, we found Harwich Taxis to be very reliable. The morning of a sailing is of course a busy one for them, so you should have the hotel book a pickup for you (or do it yourself in advance).

Have a great cruise!

Edited by Turtles06

It just occurred to me that the Tower may not have AC and this could be a problem for my traveling companions. How is the weather in early July? It's hot here in New Hampshire!

If the AC is an issue we may have to settle for the Premeir.

Thank you for the recommendation for Harwich Taxi. I have contacted several and they stood out with their helpfulness via email.

Edited by pmjnh

On our cruise last August, we talked with a couple who had stopped at a farmhouse outside of Harwich. the owner had picked them up at the station and dropped them back off at the Cruise ship on the following morning. They said it was a fabulous place. I'll try to find details.

Edited by Andym