where do I get good vanilla in Cozumel?

star65

What's the going rate for Vanilla in MX? How much would you pay before it wouldn't be a real "value"?

Thanks,

Ashley :)

For a 250 ml bottle, I have found the prices range from $3 - $6, depending on the brand. I don't buy anything bigger than that, for fear it will spoil before it is used up. Liter bottles I saw the last trip were $8 up. The brand I like (Reyna) is $5 for a 250 ml bottle. While this is more than the brand that sells for $3, I think it tastes better. I bought one of the $3 brands and ended up giving it to a friend at the gym who thinks it is just fine, but she has never had the brand I like either. All of these prices are a "value" compared to what you have to pay in our supermarkets for vanilla.

Check out this site http://orlandomx.com/homeing.html

When you click on products, you will see the 3 labels this is marketed as. The label that says Cinco Soles is sold in Los Cinco Soles - a ship guaranteed store. Can't remember the name of the store Reyna is sold in.

I would think all 3 labels taste the same, so write them down and take with you. Your chocolate chip cookies are about to get much better. :)

For a 250 ml bottle, I have found the prices range from $3 - $6, depending on the brand. I don't buy anything bigger than that, for fear it will spoil before it is used up. Liter bottles I saw the last trip were $8 up. The brand I like (Reyna) is $5 for a 250 ml bottle. While this is more than the brand that sells for $3, I think it tastes better. I bought one of the $3 brands and ended up giving it to a friend at the gym who thinks it is just fine, but she has never had the brand I like either. All of these prices are a "value" compared to what you have to pay in our supermarkets for vanilla.

Check out this site http://orlandomx.com/homeing.html

When you click on products, you will see the 3 labels this is marketed as. The label that says Cinco Soles is sold in Los Cinco Soles - a ship guaranteed store. Can't remember the name of the store Reyna is sold in.

I would think all 3 labels taste the same, so write them down and take with you. Your chocolate chip cookies are about to get much better. :)

Great info. Thank you so much! I have a 1 ltr bottle that I got years ago, but it is about to run out!!!

Thanks,

Ashley :)

Thank you - is this in the tourist village in Cozumel? We will be going to Nachi Cocum and I won't have much time to hunt this down.

Thanks again

There is a store near the cruise pier as well as the main store in town.

For a 250 ml bottle, I have found the prices range from $3 - $6, depending on the brand. I don't buy anything bigger than that, for fear it will spoil before it is used up.

I wonder if the vanilla could be refridgerated for longer use....does anyone know?
There is so much alcohol in vanilla that it won't spoil and doesn't need refrigeration.

When you walk off the pier from the ship (at the Carnival pier), go to your left and Los Cinco Soles is the big store all the way to the left, near the exit gates. I don't do much baking but have a friend who does, and she likes the Cinco Soles brand.

Archived