kayaking in freeport

missj2016

I wasn't sure I wanted to do any excursions simply because I can't seem to justify the prices. I know I can book cheaper at the port but to be on the safe side I am going to book with Carnival. I would love to kayak has anyone done this solo? I know generally many people go and pair up with family members or friends but being that I'm cruising solo, do you think I'd have a problem being paired with someone? It probably sounds silly but never know. If anyone has done this excursion, please tell me about your experience! Thanks in advance.

I wasn't sure I wanted to do any excursions simply because I can't seem to justify the prices. I know I can book cheaper at the port but to be on the safe side I am going to book with Carnival. I would love to kayak has anyone done this solo? I know generally many people go and pair up with family members or friends but being that I'm cruising solo, do you think I'd have a problem being paired with someone? It probably sounds silly but never know. If anyone has done this excursion, please tell me about your experience! Thanks in advance.

I suspect you will get better responses in the Bahamas Port of Call forum.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Whether Carnival or another cruise line, there should be more experienced cruisers who if not having done kayaking solo, they will have seen how it works for other kayakers.

For what it is worth, I did a kayak trip on a land vacation and I had the choice of paddling alone or with the guide. Often the guide will take on the solo person in the group or go alone. I found I was fine paddling on my own and I was close to 50 at the time....but it wasn't ocean.

I suspect you will get better responses in the Bahamas Port of Call forum.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Whether Carnival or another cruise line, there should be more experienced cruisers who if not having done kayaking solo, they will have seen how it works for other kayakers.

For what it is worth, I did a kayak trip on a land vacation and I had the choice of paddling alone or with the guide. Often the guide will take on the solo person in the group or go alone. I found I was fine paddling on my own and I was close to 50 at the time....but it wasn't ocean.

Thanks for your response! I will check out the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

I have done a solo kayak booking and ended up with a partner assigned to me. His wife was okay with that, they had a friend along and the wife and friend were partnered for the kayaking. I suspect that the operators plan for this, and the guide might partner with you if needed.

I have done a solo kayak booking and ended up with a partner assigned to me. His wife was okay with that, they had a friend along and the wife and friend were partnered for the kayaking. I suspect that the operators plan for this, and the guide might partner with you if needed.

Awesome! I may not have to go solo after all. A friend of mine says she wants to come along! If not, this advice will be helpful! Thanks:)