Disney ships

I have pictures in separate albums with dates and ships. My Disney one is marked October 1987. I remember it wasn't built for Disney but an older ship refitted for Disney.

That was probably Premier Cruise Lines.

See this (very) old thread ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=396081

I have pictures in separate albums with dates and ships. My Disney one is marked October 1987. I remember it wasn't built for Disney but an older ship refitted for Disney.

I found it with google. It was called the BIG RED Boat. It was built for Premeir cruises and called SS Oceanic.

Edited by weregoingcruising
Correct name of ship

It was Premier. We took it once. Known as Big Red Boat. We sailed Oceanic which had been part of Home Lined. But these were not Disbey Ships. They were not an owner. The benefit to Disbey was you could combine a stay at Disbeyworld.

Keith

I just wanted to add that for me the irony of Oceanic is that my first cruise I was 12 and it was Homeric which was also part of Home Lines and a sister ship of Oceanic. Fast forward to 1991 and the first cruise I went on with my wife and children was the Big Red Boat and the ship was Oceanic. And fifteen years earlier my Mother In Law went on Oceanic when it was part of Home Lines and we drove her to the ship to embark and that was back in the day when visitors could just board without advance approval. For us the rest was history as since then we have been on close to 100 sailings.

I still have a strong affection for Home Lines and Premier Cruise Lines; both of which no longer exist.

Keith

• 2 months later...