Moscow Excursion worth it?

Most people would consider a second day in St. Petersburg more valuable than a day in Moscow and this ignores the long travel time back and forth. The only way it is worth it is maybe if you know you will never be back in Russia and want to see Moscow or check off that you have been there. To me it is like being docked in San Francisco and taking a day trip to Los Angeles.

I fully agree with the two previous posters. I did the one-day tour in Moscow earlier this year as I had done 2 days in St. Petersburg on a previous cruise. While I don't regret going (I'd still be wondering, "what if..."), I do feel there is much more to see and do in St. Petersburg, even on a second (or third) trip.

I would say that depends on if you have one or two overnights in Russia. I recently did a Baltic Cruise with two overnights in St Petersburg and did the Moscow trip on the second of our three days in Russia. I agree with previous posters that there is so much to do in St Petersburg- but to add Moscow was a real treat IMHO. The fast train "Sapsan" is wonderful, and it's a busy but fulfilling day. I did mine with TJ Travel, who were excellent, but I know that other companies offer a similar itinerary. I don't know when I'll be back in Russia, so made sense to me! Cheers!

Ok, thank you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums