Pls help- does Blue Kay have pads on their wooden loungers now?

sheilb4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
There were no pads on the loungers and everything seemed run down .

This is NOT a world class resort, never has been. All it's structured are more in keeping with a tropical laid back style atmosphere. So they might appear rundown if you're used to more modern motifs.

However, if by rundown you mean trash around structures falling, bathrooms and cabanas not clean, broken loungers etc., then you may have a point. Owner ships can change, employment along the malecon is very fluid. Small local population Not many stay in one place too long. As new clubs open up they can entice others to come to them. So not surprised to seem conditions change. But hope that's not the case for Blue Kay.

I did not enjoy this place. It's dirty and run down and creepy. We ended up leaving and went to Tropicante. The beach was much cleaner there.

Photographs I have seen of Blue Kay do not suggest there is much else there other than loungers on the beach, which may/may not now have pads.

What aspect did you find "creepy"?

Was the beach dirty with seagrass/seaweed or a lot of trash?

• 2 weeks later...
Photographs I have seen of Blue Kay do not suggest there is much else there other than loungers on the beach, which may/may not now have pads.

What aspect did you find "creepy"?

Was the beach dirty with seagrass/seaweed or a lot of trash?

It's dark, rundown, gloomy. Creepy servers. Just don't go there. Much much nicer beach clubs a short walk away.

It's dark, rundown, gloomy. Creepy servers. Just don't go there. Much much nicer beach clubs a short walk away.

I am sorry I still don't understand how "loungers on a beach" can be dark, run down, gloomy? Are you referring to the check-in area and perhaps bar?

For example, I see on the Roatan board you enjoyed Turquoise Bay which we have also visited and enjoyed but again we only used the loungers on the beach which were quiet and relaxing but it is an older resort.

I am well aware of all the clubs along the malecon and I already have return reservations for Maya Chan for my upcoming visit.

Edited by c-leg5