How early to get to FLL before flight

cookc61462

I had my flights for July. Airline (allegiant) quit servicing FLL.... So my flights are canceled.... I have to find new ones.

I can get Airtran but the return flight is at 6:45 AM!!!! :o What time do I have to be at the airport prior to leaving????

Sigh.

Thanks.

Cathy

Get to the airport AT LEAST 1 hour before departure. When FLL flights are cancelled, consider using MIA (Miami) or West Palm Beach. There is a train called TRI-RAIL which can get you between the airports at very reasonable cost. However, using TRI-RAIL means very little baggage. Trains run about every half hour during rush hours and once an hour other times. Free busses to and from train at MIA and FLL. WPB is county bus about $1 or taxi about 12.

Even though it's overkill, plan on 2 hours to get to FLL from MIA from port to terminal.....TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE...I have seen huge traffic snarls, immigration delays, reasons why passengers could not get off the ship early, etc. On a good day you should be there in less than an hour, but anything could happen. And you can't guarantee you'll be first off the ship. One time they didn't let passengers off until 10am although the ship got in by 7am.because of a security scare.

I'd advise a 1pm flight.

I had my flights for July. Airline (allegiant) quit servicing FLL.... So my flights are canceled.... I have to find new ones.

I can get Airtran but the return flight is at 6:45 AM!!!! :o What time do I have to be at the airport prior to leaving????

Sigh.

Thanks.

Cathy

I am still going to fly out of FLL... it will just be REALLY early in the am. I was wondering if I still had to get there the full 90 min or more before the flight....

THanks.

Cathy

For a 6:45 AM flight?

99.99% guaranteed no way. I wouldn't consider anything before 11AM

I think Cathy is talking about flying out of FLL the day after their cruise.

I'd think an hour early would be enough unless your airline requires you to be there 90 minutes early. (Yawn...:p ) I wouldn't think that check-in and security would be very busy at 5:30 AM.

Now that would make sense. Reading some of the OP's other posts, I think they are sailing out of Miami, returning on a Saturday, ??and flying out of FLL on Sunday???

TSA's website indicates that the average wait time at the security check point between 5am and 6am on a Sunday morning is between 4 and 11 minutes depending on which gate you go through.

TSA's website indicates that the average wait time at the security check point between 5am and 6am on a Sunday morning is between 4 and 11 minutes depending on which gate you go through.

Very cool!! :)

I never knew there was a "wait time calculator" on the TSA's website.

Thanks for the info!! ;)

Very cool!! :)

I never knew there was a "wait time calculator" on the TSA's website.

Thanks for the info!! ;)

:D I'm occasionally useful for some good information. But then again even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. ;)

I'd think an hour early would be enough unless your airline requires you to be there 90 minutes early. (Yawn...:p ) I wouldn't think that check-in and security would be very busy at 5:30 AM.

Yep, this is exactly right. We will fly out on Sunday EARLY am :(. My other plans were in the afternoon, but Allegiant stopped their service.....:mad:

Now that would make sense. Reading some of the OP's other posts, I think they are sailing out of Miami, returning on a Saturday, ??and flying out of FLL on Sunday???

EXCELLENT!!!:D We should be ok then :) I think if we get there an hour before we should be ok :)

Thanks all.

Less than 100 days now....

Archived