Formal nights on Pearl?

zdub86

This will be my first NCL cruise, are there any "formal" nights on the Pearl? I know Carnival has specific nights dedicated to formal attire, so I'm wondering if I should pack a couple of formal type outfits for the Pearl? Thanks in advance.

This will be my first NCL cruise, are there any "formal" nights on the Pearl? I know Carnival has specific nights dedicated to formal attire, so I'm wondering if I should pack a couple of formal type outfits for the Pearl? Thanks in advance.

NCL eliminated "formal" nights (where the cruise line told you to dress up) with the introduction of Freestyle back in 2001.

Of course, you are still free to dress formally if and when you want to.

NCL eliminated "formal" nights (where the cruise line told you to dress up) with the introduction of Freestyle back in 2001.

Of course, you are still free to dress formally if and when you want to.

Ok thanks!

No formal nights on NCL. They promote "Dress up, Or Not".

There are always those who say "if the rules say I can wear shorts to dinner, I am going to wear shorts to dinner".

Most people dress in smart casual attire. Summer dresses for ladies. Trousers and a collared shirt (long sleeve shirt, hawaiian shirt, polo shirt). Fewer and fewer long dresses for ladies or suits for men. And the tux and gowns are almost extinct.

That being said, you can dress up or not.

Nights 2-6 (on a 7-night cruise) photographers will be set up with backdrops to take pictures. Never hurts to stop at each photo station and take a picture or two. You may find one that you really like!