Finally! Superior Grand Suite with Balcony Image!

jv_nyc

For those of you, like me, that have been HUNTING for an image of the Superior Grand Suite with Balcony cabin, wait no longer! It's up on the Royal Caribbean QoS site! Here's a link.

SGSB_zpsb6fbbeca.png

Edited by jv_nyc
fixed typo

I'm booked in a Grand Suite (which is exactly the same as SG except for the balcony size) on the Quantum in Feb15, and I'm a little disappointed in what I'm seeing. This does not seem as appealing as the Grand Suite that I had on the Allure and it's (Quantum's 351sqft) 20sqft smaller than the Allure's GS (371sqft).

Thanks so much for this! We're in an SGS and I've been dying to know what it will look like. It does look a little narrow, but hard to tell from royal's room pics. I like the layout with the closet hallway leading to the bathroom's side door.

Finally an image - I wonder what will be the separation between the bed and the sofa sleeper - it usually is a curtain.

Pat

It looks like it's still a curtain - there seems to be a striped curtain just to the right of the dividing wall that holds the tv. Hard to see on the tiny image. :)

It looks like only one sliding glass door? I loved the wide ocean view in all the other grand suites on the other ships? Is the second sliding glass door gone or just hidden on this pic? With such a huge balcony there would have been plenty of room for 2 - anyone know? Thanks!!!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

It looks like only one sliding glass door? I loved the wide ocean view in all the other grand suites on the other ships? Is the second sliding glass door gone or just hidden on this pic? With such a huge balcony there would have been plenty of room for 2 - anyone know? Thanks!!!

Obviously I don't know for sure :) , but from looking at the exterior of the new build (the "Quantum keel blocks are in the house" thread has lots of pics), it looks like there will be two sliding glass doors, one off the living area and one off the bedroom. At the very least, the bedroom area one might be a picture window. There was also some chatter on one of these threads about there being a small window on the front or back wall looking out to the wraparound part of the veranda, so in addition to the side view from the sliding doors, there would be a small view forward or aft. I hope that makes sense. There were pix of it somewhere, but it was really early in the build and before I had a suite so I wasn't paying much attention at the time. :p

Obviously I don't know for sure :) , but from looking at the exterior of the new build (the "Quantum keel blocks are in the house" thread has lots of pics), it looks like there will be two sliding glass doors, one off the living area and one off the bedroom. At the very least, the bedroom area one might be a picture window. There was also some chatter on one of these threads about there being a small window on the front or back wall looking out to the wraparound part of the veranda, so in addition to the side view from the sliding doors, there would be a small view forward or aft. I hope that makes sense. There were pix of it somewhere, but it was really early in the build and before I had a suite so I wasn't paying much attention at the time. :p

Wow, that would be awesome!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I saw the pics from Germany Meyer werft. I did see large portholes facing front so that looks great. If you look at the pic posted above it appears as though the bathroom will be located where the second sliding door would be located. Hopefully,I am wrong and there will be enough room for a second sliding door. Hopefully, the floor plan will soon be posted along with the pic.

Yes I saw the pics from Germany Meyer werft. I did see large portholes facing front so that looks great. If you look at the pic posted above it appears as though the bathroom will be located where the second sliding door would be located. Hopefully,I am wrong and there will be enough room for a second sliding door. Hopefully, the floor plan will soon be posted along with the pic.

Yeah, a floor plan would be nice, wouldn't it. :D

I thought the pic in the first post was taken *from* where the sliding doors would be, like looking from the balcony into the room. i think the brown door in the center is the door to the hallway, and then the white part to the right of it is the door to the bathroom (with another bathroom entrance that we can't see past the closets in the bedroom area on the right). I could be wrong, though - layouts and floorplans etc are definitely not my strong suit!

Thank you so much for your reply. I think you are correct - i was looking from the wrong side. I thought the door entering the living room area was half of a sliding glass door and I

thought the green wall was a curtain. I was looking at this on my tiny phone screen and the brown door looked black - thought was sliding door at night. Your perspective makes much more sense and makes this suite very attractive. In the past all Royal Caribbean pics of grand suite were taken from entering the cabin facing the two sliding doors - so I thought that is how this pic was taken. Again thanks for responding - like your vision better!!!

Thank you so much for your reply. I think you are correct - i was looking from the wrong side. I thought the door entering the living room area was half of a sliding glass door and I

thought the green wall was a curtain. I was looking at this on my tiny phone screen and the brown door looked black - thought was sliding door at night. Your perspective makes much more sense and makes this suite very attractive. In the past all Royal Caribbean pics of grand suite were taken from entering the cabin facing the two sliding doors - so I thought that is how this pic was taken. Again thanks for responding - like your vision better!!!

No problem. Most of Royal's cabin pix are facing the balcony doors, so I understand the confusion. I don't know why this one is situated differently, but maybe they wanted to show the new entry and bathroom configuration, which is pretty different from other Grand Suites? In any case, I really hope it has at least two doors or huge windows. :) And I totally understand about the phone - my screen is so tiny as to be useless, but I have unlimited data so I don't want to change up my plan, so I've been hanging on to it forever!