Rough seas to and from Hawaii?

iowaoly

My husband and I are contemplating cruising from San Francisco to the Hawaiian Islands and back. We have cruised many times before, but wondering if it gets really rough crossing the Pacific in February? Any thoughts?

How about April? :)

Repeat after me...it can be rough, or calm, any day, 365 days of the year. It is not possible to predict what the seas will be. You need to be prepared for either possibility. After all, you are on a ship at sea.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Repeat after me...it can be rough, or calm, any day, 365 days of the year. It is not possible to predict what the seas will be. You need to be prepared for either possibility. After all, you are on a ship at sea.

Exactly. My three Hawaiian cruises were all at the same time of year (starting on 12/22, 12/22, and 12/19) and the sea conditions had some similarities but also some differences (for example, the return to LA on the first one was relatively smooth).

The weather in Hawaii will be basically the same (more or less) no matter what time of year.

The one variable when it comes to time of year will be the weather your embarkation day in LA.

We've cruised to Hawaii (and back) 3 times - November, January, and February. We have had seas more rough going to Alaska and in the Carribean, than the Pacific crossings. Love this cruise, going in February and can't wait.