Atlantis Resort passes questions? a lot of them !! Please help !

ive

Hello :) first time I post something on this kind of forums :D and I have a lot of questions/concerns because I see the ratings regarding the hotel Atlantis are divided some said it was great others said it was terrible :mad: ... this is my situation our cruise will stop on Nassau on Aug 23 - I would love to take my kids to Atlantis Resort looks like a dream place on tv right! my kids are a 3 years old girl and a 9 years old boy, I see 2 kind of passes "Discover Atlantis Beach Pass" - "Aquaventure Pass" the cruise will stop from 8 am to 5 pm > which pass would you guys recommend for us to get? how should I get to the Hotel ,taxi? cruise's tour? what time should I return from hotel to cruise? Do I have to get a locker? How can I get those passes in the hotel or is there a place where I can get them before? so I dont have to wait on line. I see they have cartoon network from may to aug 23 the same day we are there (hopefully) on 23 are they going to still there or they will be gone by that day? there is an cartoon network obstacle course on he beach, would that be included if I get the beach pass, can we use that obstacle course? .... last question I can't find a tour on Freeport that takes me to a nice beach? do you guys know about one? or what do you recommend the only one I see that I would like is Freeport Grand Bahamas Island Tour has to be a nice easy tour for kids too... well too many questions right :confused: :confused: but I like to be prepare before because, I dont like surprises and I like to leave great memories to my family ... Thanks in advance :)

Edited by ive

First off, welcome to the boards. You'll find them crazy useful in the days leading up to your cruise!

It might help to know what cruise line you're sailing with. For example, when I sailed on Norwegian, you could book the Atlantis tour directly through them. As a result, they took care of everything, including transportation to and from the resort. That's how I plan to do it for my trip in September!

Richard/Tralfie

The first thing you want to do is price out your options. We have been there twice, once through the ship (during an off-peak time, the excursion actually cost less than buying directly), and once getting a room at comfort suites (this you also have to price, sometimes it's more than buying directly). You can also buy tickets through Majestic Tours (you have to call - Atlantis is not on their website).

I would definitely not do just the beach - it's usually pretty rough, and August is hot. I can't imagine sitting on the sand, and not being able to get wet. Most of the fun stuff at Atlantis (like the not so lazy river) is not for a 3 year old. Hopefully you have 2 adults to split up. The first time we went, we left our 4 and 6 year olds on the ship with the grandparents, and brought the 9 and 11 year olds to Atlantis.

I don't know if I would enjoy it that much in August - big lines for the headliners, standing in the sun. We had to walk a long way to find a beach open in November (that wasn't too rough). I was sweating then!

mjkacmom my last questions hopefully !

what its takes more time or lines to do the pass trough comfort suites or direct in the hotel ? - and what is the earliest we can get those tickets in both places specially in Comfort suites because you know the check in and check out time? Thanks !

mjkacmom my last questions hopefully !

what its takes more time or lines to do the pass trough comfort suites or direct in the hotel ? - and what is the earliest we can get those tickets in both places specially in Comfort suites because you know the check in and check out time? Thanks !

Booking thru Comfort Suites adds the time to register to the mix.

You then still have to go to Atlantis and get your wristbands (They open at 8:30am).

Confort Suites allows you to check in early, and get your wristbands. You're room won't be ready until later in the afternoon.

The pools and beaches open at 9 am as does the aquarium tours. The waterpark doesn't open until 10am.

We booked a room through Comfort Suites Directly. Took a taxi there and back. Check in was easy and we never even got a key to the room; didn't need it. It is well worth the money. Best water park I have ever been to with the best "lazy" river. Beach was nice, but my kids would not leave the pools.

You definitely want to do the aqua-adventure. My kids who were 9 and 6 at the time and never went near the beach. The food is pricey, but the cruise excursion with food is often not your best deal.

The only thing I would suggest is make sure you have another adult with you. The place is big, and with the ages of your kids, they will want to go on different things. We lost my son for about an hour. Turned out he was in our lounge chair, and we missed him as we were running around the park in a panic.

Booking thru Comfort Suites adds the time to register to the mix.

You then still have to go to Atlantis and get your wristbands (They open at 8:30am).

Confort Suites allows you to check in early, and get your wristbands. You're room won't be ready until later in the afternoon.

The pools and beaches open at 9 am as does the aquarium tours. The waterpark doesn't open until 10am.

I agree that CS adds time, but not a lot of time. When we checked in, there was no line, and our room was actually ready (not that we ever used it, but we didn't check out until later, in case, for some reason, we ended up wanting to use it). After you check in, and then get your wristbands, find some lounge chairs close to the slides and river (by late morning they're all taken). Do the slides/river first, and explore later. We absolutely LOVED the beach - if it's rough or closed, keep walking to the left, and it will be calmer.

We ended our day at the aquarium, which is cool and peaceful.

I agree that CS adds time, but not a lot of time. When we checked in, there was no line, and our room was actually ready (not that we ever used it, but we didn't check out until later, in case, for some reason, we ended up wanting to use it)..

Oops.. I didn't mean to imply that the added time was a burden. Just pointing out an added step. If the price is right, CS is the way to go.. even with the few extra minutes. Plus, you are guaranteed entry.

We sail the Sunshine next Sunday and wondered about the Atlantis. We have an 8yr old so we need activities. Help!:eek:

We will be in port from 12-8pm in Nassau. Is this not a strange time?

We are not sure what to do?

Thanks in advance!:):):)

• 4 weeks later...

We will in Nassau at the Atlantis on 5 July (we are on Carnival Fantasy). I booked Atlantis passes yesterday through Majestic at 139 per adult. Children (up to 12 I believe) are 80. Information on Atlantis is not on their website so I emailed them. Very quick to respond. :)

I found the address. I emailed them and got a reply. It's $139 for adults and $80 for kids. Can rent a room at comfort suites for $350. That will be cheaper so I think we are going to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I found the address. I emailed them and got a reply. It's $139 for adults and $80 for kids. Can rent a room at comfort suites for $350. That will be cheaper so I think we are going to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Make sure that rate comes with all of the taxes and fees - they really add up.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Atlantis using Comfort Suites, which we paid for with points. There were no extra fees once we checked in though I think this depends on your credit card (we have Chase Sapphire) The ship docked at 7;00 am, we went straight there, got the cards from CS and then walked over to The Dig, which is where you trade in the cards for wristbands. This desk does not open until 8:30 am but we were able to walk around the Dig and enjoy the aquariums. It worked out perfectly. We got our wristbands at 8:30 and went thru some of the outside pools of fish and turtles then at 9, part of the waterpark opened (the leap of faith and the slides on that pyramid) with the Current opening at 10 along with the Power Tower waterslides. The conveyer belt up to the slide was inop for most of the day only opening about 12:30, we were told it was a lack of manpower. Had a great day! Go eat at the pool bar back closer to the Royal Towers, they have a $10 meal deal with a burger that was huge and refillable drink cups.

Yep it is the same as what the person above just said but you don't pay taxes and house keeping. You just sign in and out at the same time and tell them to not charge house keeping. Then walk over to Atlantis and get your wrist bands.

We went to Atlantis using Comfort Suites, which we paid for with points. There were no extra fees once we checked in though I think this depends on your credit card (we have Chase Sapphire) The ship docked at 7;00 am, we went straight there, got the cards from CS and then walked over to The Dig, which is where you trade in the cards for wristbands. This desk does not open until 8:30 am but we were able to walk around the Dig and enjoy the aquariums. It worked out perfectly. We got our wristbands at 8:30 and went thru some of the outside pools of fish and turtles then at 9, part of the waterpark opened (the leap of faith and the slides on that pyramid) with the Current opening at 10 along with the Power Tower waterslides. The conveyer belt up to the slide was inop for most of the day only opening about 12:30, we were told it was a lack of manpower. Had a great day! Go eat at the pool bar back closer to the Royal Towers, they have a $10 meal deal with a burger that was huge and refillable drink cups.

Hello , I have a question about the Atlantis . You were on a cruise correct? Than u went to comfort suites and did what? I also have chase sapphire. Your help is appreciated. We also want to get day passes to the Atlantis ...

Yes we were on a cruise. We booked Comfort Suites using our Chase points. We got off the ship and took a taxi to Comfort Suites, told them at check in that we didn't actually need the room, just the wristbands for Atlantis. They gave us a card to take to the desk at Atlantis (down by The Dig) The desk didn't open until 8:30 am so we walked thru the Dig and then checked in and got our wristbands. Then off to the waterpark. We had been here before but if you haven't then get there as early as possible and go walk around outside where there's more pools of fish and turtles and aquariums. No one seemed to care if we had wristbands yet, if they had I would have shown them the Comfort Suites cards. No extra charges (though it was a bunch of points) and easy peasy