Labadee Chair Rentals?

Luvmypups

It's been a couple of years since we were last on Labadee and I see on the cruise planner that we can pre-pay for sun loungers. So you have to pay for loungers on Labadee now or is this only for some special beach in Labadee?

The loungers and clamshells have always been free on our previous trips to the island.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You don't have to pay for the lounges on Labadee. They are plentiful around the island. They may be talking about the lounge beds that or on the one side of the island. They look like a huge four poster bed with white light weight material on the four posts. As far as I can remember, the clamshells were also free but not as plentiful as the lounges. If you give a beach attendant a tip and ask him to get you a clam shell and two lounges, he will do all of the work for you.

You don't have to pay for the lounges on Labadee. They are plentiful around the island. They may be talking about the lounge beds that or on the one side of the island. They look like a huge four poster bed with white light weight material on the four posts. As far as I can remember, the clamshells were also free but not as plentiful as the lounges. If you give a beach attendant a tip and ask him to get you a clam shell and two lounges, he will do all of the work for you.

Nope this wasn't the lounge beds it was just the chairs. It could have been on some specific beach but it didn't say. It was the very last item on the Labadee excursion list on the cruise planner.

Nope this wasn't the lounge beds it was just the chairs. It could have been on some specific beach but it didn't say. It was the very last item on the Labadee excursion list on the cruise planner.

I saw what you are talking about. (the last item on the excursion page). It is the Clam shells that are for rent. $35 (if I remember correctly). The pictures show 2 lounge chairs (which are FREE) inserted in the clams. :)

I saw what you are talking about. (the last item on the excursion page). It is the Clam shells that are for rent. $35 (if I remember correctly). The pictures show 2 lounge chairs (which are FREE) inserted in the clams. :)

Those were free the last time we were there also. I can remember the first time we ever went to Labadee......probably 20 years ago and there was nothing on the island but a few chairs! My, how things have changed!

If all you want is a regular lounger, they are free....you might need to tip a "chair boy" , if they bring loungers to you, but by mid-afternoon, those guys aren't around anymore, and if you want a lounger, find a vacant one! You can move your loungers wherever you want.