Liverpool - One way to do it

In July this year my wife and I arrived at Liverpool on Queen Mary 2 where we spent the day prior to sailing on the 175th Cunard Anniversary crossing to Halifax.

Our morning was spent at Liverpool's Anglican Cathedral for the commemorative service so we arranged a private tour around Liverpool for the afternoon.

For my wife who, having been educated in Liverpool, and taken her first job, this was a great way to cruise down memory lane...

22024674510_09349c7d17_z.jpg

18770141594_c7198fdea7_z.jpg

19116386674_8250da9cc0_z.jpg

22186640156_338e2106c3_z.jpg

22212748625_e5de474bd7_z.jpg

A full review which includes over 30 photographs of our excursion can be found on my blog...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2015/11/27/one-way-to-do-liverpool/

Our first visit to Liverpool was just a couple of months ago and we loved it so much that we want to revisit.

Same for me. Having zero interest in the Beatles, we went to Speke Hall, a lovely Tudor mansion maintained by the National Trust and located just off the end of the main runway at Liverpool Airport. We walked to the Canning Place bus terminal near the dock and took a bus to the airport, and then a cab to Speke Hall. A guided tour of the house, lunch at the cafe in the visitor center (which featured Liverpool specialties), and a walk through the garden maze took up most of the day.

Returning, we had a little time to walk around near the dock and look at the Three Graces, three old buildings including the first Cunard headquarters, and the twin-towered Royal Liver building which has become emblematic of the city before rain forced us back to the ship.

Same for me. Having zero interest in the Beatles, we went to Speke Hall, a lovely Tudor mansion maintained by the National Trust and located just off the end of the main runway at Liverpool Airport. We walked to the Canning Place bus terminal near the dock and took a bus to the airport, and then a cab to Speke Hall. A guided tour of the house, lunch at the cafe in the visitor center (which featured Liverpool specialties), and a walk through the garden maze took up most of the day.

Returning, we had a little time to walk around near the dock and look at the Three Graces, three old buildings including the first Cunard headquarters, and the twin-towered Royal Liver building which has become emblematic of the city before rain forced us back to the ship.

Good afternoon rssquare.

That made me smile...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_John_Lennon_Airport

God bless you sir.

• 3 weeks later...