Haines, Sitka, Juneau & Ketchikan

lois1mom

We are going to Alaska with 2 other couples 8/18-8/25. Our ports of call are Sitka, Haines, Juneau & Ketchikan. We are a little overwhelmed by all the excursions the cruise line offers. Is it too late to still book some on our own, & which excursions would be best for those ports? I would appreciate a little help!

I've read some of the suggestions made, but I'm not sure what would give us the best variety.

Thanks.

Lois1mom

No it's not too late and inquire what is available to book direct. But you need to narrow down your interests, there are way more recommended Alaska tours you can take in 10 trips. So to better offer you ideas, determine what your interests are, culture, city tours, nature, wildlife etc etc.

It is also unrealistic to think all 6 of you will be on the same page. So together I would make choices on individual priorities and split up.

If you are going to Haines, my wife and I really enjoyed the Eagle Preserve Float Trip. The raft company will provide you will rubber boots so bring some tall warm socks. The air on the river can get cold. When we arrived on July 26, the outside air temp was about 59 degrees F. Once on the river, the temp dropped to about 52 degrees and the wind was blowing. A warm jacket, gloves and hat will help. Oh, it also rained a little. We saw a lot of eagles. You are going when the eagles will start to come in by the hundreds according to the guides.

Have fun!:)

Archived