How gay friendly is Carnival?

Steddiguy

Read some old posts about how gay friendly Carnival and came away unsure.

Looking at the Hawaii cruise on the carnival Legend next April. Is it more likely to be a gay friendly crowd? Reposted it here at someone else's suggestion

I've been on many Carnival cruises- some as a single gay person, sometimes as a gay couple, and I would say they are very gay friendly- never once had any issues with staff or other guests for that matter.

I would say Carnival is very gay friendly. We've only been on one Carnival cruise before (going on our second in a few months) and had a great time. We felt very welcomed by everyone. While I'd say that we're not "extravagant" or obvious, it was pretty clear that we were a couple and we couldn't have felt more welcomed. They also had a few meet-up events planned on the general ship itinerary for LGBT folks at the different bars on board.

Enjoy your cruise!

We have gone on several Carnival cruises and have always found it to be an inclusive and welcoming atmosphere. Have had minor issues before with photogs and stewards referring to us as "brothers" and such, but this was quickly addressed and language/behavior changed without any weirdness.

Read some old posts about how gay friendly Carnival and came away unsure.

Looking at the Hawaii cruise on the carnival Legend next April. Is it more likely to be a gay friendly crowd? Reposted it here at someone else's suggestion

My only advise is to avoid short "booze" cruises(less than 5 days). These are frequented by a less than worldly group.

• 4 weeks later...

Well my partner decided that the Hawaii cruise is too much money (even though I would be paying from my bank account and can afford it ).....so that's that! lol

Thanks for the replies guys and gals

There were several gay couples on both my HAL and Carnival Cruise. I never noticed anyone staring or making any remarks. I did see on one of the papers from the ship's program ( and maybe both ships) a listing for meet and greets for LGBT each day in one of the bars. I think the ships are fine but maybe some ports aren't as accepting (ie: local customs/culture)? (I'm not LGBT so can't offer much insight but it did appear the ships were accommodating and I didn't notice any passengers having an issue either).

Hope you have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...