Canada\New England Sept. climate

hi2you

I have taken 4 Canada/NE cruises. If the weather is warm, it should be mild on deck. Farther north, it will get cooler. It won't be freezing cold but you may find it cooler than you are used to. Check the weather before you go. All my trips have been smooth sailing except on one return there was a storm and it was rough returning to Boston.

Edited by WELDON

Did the round trip at the end of September once. Smooth sailing all the way, but cool and rainy for a couple of days going up. Basically fleece weather once out to sea, and in the higher latitude ports.

But could just as easily have gone the other way by 10 degrees and been quite warm. There were fewer people in the pool, but just as many people on deck when weather was fine. I assume most don't choose that itinerary to get a tan, so it was all good.

Hi. Any past September cruisers from this itinerary? What was the climate like onboard in the open air and the waves? Was it rough sailing or smooth?

It all depends when in September you are sailing. We have done this cruise 10 times. 3 times in September. The earlier you go the hotter it will be.

Obviously by the end of September it starts to get cooler

Last year we did the beginning of September and it was boiling hot in Boston, MA and very warm in Hailfax, Sydney and Charlottetown.

The water has not been rough, but that all depends on if there are any storms in the area.

Edited by CruisingChick

Thanks for all the input. It could go either way. I will simply keep checking the weather forecast and figure out how to pack. I am a planner, so the not knowing is hindering my packing thought process. :) Sept. 10 I sail...so close yet still so far away.

You have to pack a bit of everything. Be sure to have a waterproof (microfibre) jacket with a hood and a warm fleece sweater to go under it. Take long pants, shoes and socks. Also take a pair of shorts or capris and sandals.